PDA

View Full Version : Good News

Saysusie
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Hello Family :-)
I want to share some good news with all of you. I have been told that I am not very good at promoting myself (that's why I hired a manager and a publicist -lol). But, I have been recently blessed and am so humbled and honored..so I wanted to share it with all of you.
I live in an area of Southern California known as the High Desert. This is a desert area at an elevation of 4000 feet. The High Desert is comprised of approximately 81 cities/communities. Each year, residents of the High Desert are honored through the “Dreamers, Visionaries and Leaders” program. “The High Desert residents profiled in the ‘Dreamers, Visionaries and Leaders’ display are among the most inspirational role models we have in our communities,” said First District Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt. “They have been leaders in their professional lives, and leaders in their commitment to public service. This year, I was chosen as one of the honorees for this distinction! I was honored in the company of such persons as humanitarians, philanthropists, doctors, judges, educators, and such.
While I do volunteer much of my time to community organizations and I also provide my time (and voice) to many non-profit organizations, one of the most important reasons that I was nominated and honored was for WeHaveLupus. Apparently, what we do here has garnered the attention of some very important people and organizations and they felt that it was worthy of recognition. I was/am so honored and humbled by it all.
The ceremony was held on the 11th..prior to that, the honorees did radio promotions, a video for local television and that is on display at the government center, a photo shoot for the articles in the newspapers and an interview for a magazine. It has been a whirlwind 2 weeks, but a blessed one. In my acceptance speech (which taught me why people at the Oscars get tongue tied..cuz I did), I had to acknowledge my family here..my global family who spends hours and hours tirelessly providing support, comfort, friendship, caring, and genuine concern for one another!
I want to thank each and every one of you for making WHL a place that is recognized for its service to all persons suffering from Lupus and any other auto-immune disease. So, I accepted on behalf of all of you!
THANK YOU

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
There is so much that I want to say but I am typing this on my phone with tears of joy running down my face. I am so happy that you have been honored for everything that you do but especially for what you have done for all of us. Tomorrow I will write my complete feelings but as for now I only say that it couldn't hVe happened to a better person!

rob
02-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Wow!

Like Mari, I need to wait before I give a proper response (brainfrog is thick right now). This is just amazing news!

steve.b
02-16-2012, 06:52 AM
this is a very just nomination.
your work here has helped many of us.

thank you for being you.

SleepyInSeattle
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
That's awesome!!!!! Enjoy the honors - clearly you have worked hard for them - and also enjoy the attention they bring to things you care about. :-)

And a huge THANK YOU from out here in cyber-Lupus-land!!!!!

Saysusie
02-16-2012, 10:06 AM
45344535 Thank You Everyone! WHL is a part of each and every one of us..so this award was for all of us.
Here is a copy of the program for the awards ceremony!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
02-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Here is the resolution awarded by the County of San Bernardino..sorry it cannot be read, I am no good at downloading images :-(

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
If anyone deserve this, it's you.
We are all here because of you, thank you.
You must be very proud, I know I am proud of you.
It is such a privelige to know you.

Debbie

kim,l
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
you do so much for all of us and give us the support and love we need i cannot think of anyone who is more deserving of an award than you congrats.thankyou for being there for me when i need you.

Oluwa
02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Without you, Saysusie there would be no Us. Thank you for everything. Sharing your life, your loss, your Lauri to make this place possible. Tight hugs with love...Me

BonusMom
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
That is a well deserved award. I can't think if a more deserving recipient. Congratulations!

magistramarla
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
SaySusie,
You have given us the means to become a cyber family. For that we will all be forever grateful.
You are truly deserving of all of the honors that you are receiving.
Smile and enjoy!
Love & Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
02-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Susie,

Everyone has said the things I feel- so big tender hugs, with Congratulations and Lots of love and respect.

Saysusie
02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Again...thank you so much everyone. As you know, WHL is my heart and, as such, so are each of you :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie