PDA

View Full Version : Methotrexate pills vs injection

ashleybaby715
02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
hey!
so i was recently contemplating switching from the pills to the injection of methotrexate. i really hate taking an extra 8 pills on sundays. i just stare at them and complain until i do. and i figured maybe the injection would be better.
are there more risks and side effects to the injection and how often does it have to be done ?

magistramarla
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Ashley,
When I was taking MTX, my stomach absolutely would not handle the pill form. I was quickly changed to the injection.
It was just once a week, and it was no problem. I felt fairly down the next day, but it was nothing like what the pills did to me.
There is a long thread here called "It's M Day". Many of us talked about our experiences with it.
My hubby gave me the shot in the evening, so that I slept through most of the queasiness. I found that having a cup of chai tea right after helped.
Also, a bit of dark chocolate helped to mask the metallic taste that it caused in my mouth. I took it easy the next morning, and I usually felt pretty good by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
Hope this helps!
Hugs,
Marla