PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

KailinTurner
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello all.

I am Kailin and I came to a forum finally because I am in my second trimester of pregnancy and starting to freak out a bit. I was diagnosed (and maybe I should say still trying to figure out what is going on) with Lupus Anticoagulant issues. I give myself a shot daily (Lovenox) to thin the blood so that I dont clot in the umbilical cord or in the placenta.

I am here hoping to seek other women that have gone through pregnancy and had good outcomes. or just their experience. This is such a scary time! The doctors tested my Kidney function and they are already starting to shut down production and my Uterine Arteries are looking preeclampsia-ish. I am so scared little baby girl will come too early but hoping that some women here with the same diagnoses had great outcomes!

debbie-b
02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Kailin,

Welcome to WHL.
I can't help you with your question, because I was 51, when I was diagnosed with Lupus.
As far as I remember, we have had a few women here, who had babies recently. I am sure, somebody with an answer will come along soon.
I can imagine, that you are scared, but try to relax, I know it's easier said than done.

Debbie

steve.b
02-11-2012, 07:22 PM
hi kailin,
i am a male, so cannot offer my experiences.

but i wanted to say you are not alone.
this site is our cyber family.
others will come along to help.
i wish you well with your new girl.

magistramarla
02-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Kailin,
Welcome to WHL. I don't have any answers for you, since I had my children long before my diagnosis.
We do have several new moms in the group, and some who are currently preggers.
I hope that one of them reads this thread and give you some good advice.
The rest of us will gladly give our support - we love being cyber aunties and uncles.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Kailin! Welcome to WHL! There are several members here that have gone through pregnancy while having lupus. I am sure they will be back around during the week and will be glad to help you through.

As Marla said, we are family here so welcome to the WHL family!