PDA

View Full Version : Don't know that this is necessarily a symptom, but....

red246
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
it's driving me MAD!!!! My eye has been twitching all morning! Not the eyelid, but just below my eye. Anyone else have this problem? I know it can be from being tired or stress - neither of which I am right now.

rob
02-10-2012, 02:53 PM
it's driving me MAD!!!! My eye has been twitching all morning! Not the eyelid, but just below my eye. Anyone else have this problem? I know it can be from being tired or stress - neither of which I am right now.

I get odd twitches like that quite often. For me, my neuro says it's caused by CNS issues from MS. Potassium is supposed to help-I eat plenty of banana's. I did have it long before my MS diagnosis though.

red246
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Rob. It is still going on - has been all day. It's really becoming annoying. I've had it happen before, but never all day! UGH! If it's still going on tomorrow, I think I'll put a call in to the doc. Thanks for the potassium info!

Desleywr
02-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Also try and see if heat from shower water on the face increases the twitch also ice pack may reduce. No harm in trying it used to work for me - the ice pack worked for me. And the heat from the shower water increased the twitch. Good luck!

tgal
02-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Well I don't have MS but I have CNS issues and I get those all the time. I also have low potassium issues so it could be from that. If you are going to start taking potassium ask your doc about taking a magnesium tablet too. Magnesium will help the body absorb the potassium

Mica
02-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes that happens to me all the time. It doesn't hurt or anything it's just weird. Now that I think about it I never connected the twitches to low potassium or magnesium. I know I get twitches all the time though, like I get them a lot in my arms.

SleepyInSeattle
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Crap. I keep reading about all this stuff that points to CNS involvement and I have almost every single symptom - stuff like the eye twitch which is new but I didn't think it had anything to do with the Lupus. And maybe it doesn't - I just don't like how the numbers are lining up. :-(