PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and Celiac Disease

lacey50
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Has anyone been told they have both lupus and celiac? I just got tested for celiac, don't have results yet, but doc thinks it's a possibility I am gluten intolerant or actually have celiac disease. I know Lupus and Celiac can overlap, so just wonder how many others have both these conditions.

SleepyInSeattle
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Celiac is an autoimmune disease, so it's not unusual for it to overlap with Lupus. I don't have Celiac but I am gluten intolerant, along with having Lupus, Sjogren's, Raynaud's, and APS. Your doc and and nutritionist can give you really good advice on how these things overlap/interact.

kim,l
02-09-2012, 05:14 PM
yes i have celiacs disease i discovered this before they realised i had lupus i also have irritable bowel. so yes it is possible they are connected.

magistramarla
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't seem to have it, but I have one daughter with IBS and another one who has both severe gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance.
Hugs,
Marla

E42brchick
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I've had Celiacs since 2008 and was just diagnosed with Lupus. I do think they overlap or are connected in some cases.

tgal
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Most people with Lupus end up with several AI diseases. The majority on this board have at least two ( and ssome many more than two)