PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever just feel incredibly anti-social?

SoleSinger
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Like you just want to hide away from the world? And not because you're depressed or anything... Because really, emotionally, I am feeling pretty good... EVEN with everything that has been going on recently... But, I just kinda feel like being alone... Which is really hard since I have moved back into my mother's house... :twisted: I find myself lurking more than contributing, on the boards, I only want to talk to people via email, if at all... But, again, I am not in a BAD mood... Just a weird one... Does any of this make sense? Is any of this normal? Or am I just kinda weird again?

bluwater
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I feel like that sometimes. Usually after a particularly busy time in my life. I never questioned it though. I just thought it was natural to need down time every once in a while. Being alone can be healthy, some people can't do it.
I'm not surprised that you are craving time alone after just moving back in with mom. It's important to spend time being you. Sometimes that's not too easy with relatives around all the time, even though we love them dearly we're not always free to be the adults that we've become with the people who knew us growing up.
Enjoy the quiet time! It will pass.
Bluwater :wink:

ALLoWeyo
05-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Antisocial?? And how!

Saysusie
05-04-2006, 01:40 AM
More often than not, I prefer staying at home (by myself) and working on my crafts or playing on my computer. It is so much easier than having to explain my fatigue, or just my general malaise. I don't want, nor do I feel like talking or engaging in any type of conversation. I just want to be alone in my quiet space where no questions are asked and none need to be answered!
So, yes...I too want to just hide away!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lbeardsley77
05-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I know what you mean. Conversation is such an effort sometimes when I'm experiencing this "brain fog" that i'd rather not deal with it!

TracyDawn
05-05-2006, 05:35 AM
count me in for this one too. And being married with a 7 yo doesn't give me much down time so like last night I'll just take a sleeping pill and close the bedroom door (my dh works nights so on his nights off he stays up anyway to stay on schedule). When I do that he knows I'm not feeling well and just don't want to talk to anyone. Some days I can't do that and I get REALLY crabby cause people just won't shut up LOL So I'd have to say you are certainly not alone on this issue either. ;)

PattyLatty
05-05-2006, 06:17 AM
More than antisocial, I feel very isolated. We have a disease the most people don't understand. When I'm in an extended flare and don't feel like doing anything, or don't have the energy to engage socially even with my family, I know it makes it hard on those around me. What I want is emotional support, but what I often get is the feeling that my friends and family are at a loss as to how to understand that I am not acting "normal" as I used to. I understand that because I feel the same way. I want to be my old self again. So we all struggle to find a way to understand the new me, the tired, hurting, chubby prednisone face and tummy me. The dramatic change in my appearance is embarassing to me and makes me not want to go out and be seen in public.

With the feeling of isolation, depression sets in and that makes everything worse.

That is why forums such as this, support groups, and even one or two friends who truly empathizes and understands, can be our allies and can help overcome feelings of isolation, depression, and being antisocial. Keeping a positive mental attitude is the hardest thing I've had to deal with but I know it's a critical part of my recovery.

admin
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I am anti-social and I don't have Lupus. It's just a fun way to be.

:wink:

Mitch
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Absoutely! Well actually, I consider myself to be very sociable. Strangely, I find the greatest people are those who (like us) are dealing with issues regarding health, etc... I feel I can't relate to 'normals' who are so consumed with the superficial things in life. I treat everyone equally and yet seem to be surrounded by snobs and 'wannabees' and it can really be annoying. So, I guess the answer is a big ol' YES! I want to be unsociable at times. It's a good time to reflect and 'regroup' I guess.

Saysusie
05-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Most Beloved Administrator:
Where have you been????? You are sooooo far from being anti-social :lol:

Don't anyone believe him. He is actually quite outgoing and very sweet! But mostly, he is my favorite BRAT!!!

Smooches
Saysusie