PDA

View Full Version : Blood work?? And ana

flower21clr
02-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I got lab work back yesterday the doctors fax has been broke so the lab fax it to me. When I was diagnosed I had all types of anti bodies even one you only have if you have had a blood transfusion which I haven't. My current labs was negative for Ana does this mean my lupus is gone? If so why do I still feel like crap? I'm confused on what this means.

tgal
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I got lab work back yesterday the doctors fax has been broke so the lab fax it to me. When I was diagnosed I had all types of anti bodies even one you only have if you have had a blood transfusion which I haven't. My current labs was negative for Ana does this mean my lupus is gone? If so why do I still feel like crap? I'm confused on what this means.

It may not mean anything. Are you on any meds for your Lupus? If so those can change it or it can just happen. Most of us have gone from positive to negative at one point or another (and many stay that way). Don't freak out. Our bodies just do their own thing. This is the exact reason that they don't use any one blood test to diagnose Lupus

steve.b
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
ana means anti nuclea antibodies.

to have a negative test means they did not find any in the base reading.
if they find some, then they work out how diluted the sample must be before they cannot find any.
the higher the reading, the more diluted the sample.

all that the test shows is that something has happenned to your body to reduce your ana at the moment,
(not that you cannot have them again).