PDA

View Full Version : I'm Frustrated and Angry.........

BonusMom
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
at myself.

An outside party emailed me something at work and apparently I deleted the email and it's attachment without printing them, as I normally do. This, after telling my boss that I didn't receive them (me pulling hair out in frustration). When the outside party confirmed that their email records showed the time of transmission to me, I was so angry at myself for deleting the doc without taking action as I normally would (head held down on shame).

I feel like I've lost all credibility. I don't normally make mistakes (that my boss knows about), but this darn brain fog is making it harder and harder to get things done accurately. As a result of this, I didn't apply for a promotion that I am more than qualified for. I just don't have the confidence any more.

rob
02-08-2012, 06:09 AM
We've been friends for some time now, so I think I'm qualified when I say that you are an incredibly intelligent, professional, tough, and attractive lady.

Brainfog doesn't change any of that.

You've not lost any credibility to me.

Fog happens.

Rob

steve.b
02-08-2012, 06:09 AM
( ( ( h u g s ) ) )

Nonna
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
One incident does not a mountain of non-credibility make. S**t happens. Believe me I know.

(((((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))

;-)

mdawncooper
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
We all make mistakes and the brain fog definitely is frustrating. I would bet that your boss has made mistakes before too so hold your head high and put in for that promotion.

Things will get better. :)

tgal
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I wish I was close enough to hug you. It was a mistake. One mistake is nothing to freak out over. Having said that, I understand how it feels when you feel the person that you were slipping away at work. I went through that for almost a year before I had an incident at work that ended up in my having to go on disability.

You are smart, strong and competent but even those people make mistakes

magistramarla
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I want to second everything that Rob said. I know you personally, and I know that you are one impressive lady.
Hang in there, my friend.
Hugs,
Marla

n.mac
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Boy I wish that was the only mistake I made this week-lupus or not!

BonusMom
02-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Thank you, fellow Lupies, for your words of encouragement and support.

Long story short, the deleted email was from an agency that, had I applied for and received the promotion, I would be frequently in front of, presenting cases at hearings. I just don't think the timing was right given other circumstances in my life, so I didn't apply. This was just the last straw and perhaps a sign that I need to lay low for the time being.

Experiencing increased stiffness of late and overall fatigue, a co-worker with whom I don't talk with daily or interact with much came to my office on Friday to discuss a matter and asked how I'm doing as he's seen changes in my eyes. Very observant, this man......

magistramarla
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
BonusMom,
I know that you have an excellent rheumy. Have you seen her about the stiffness and fatigue?
Hang in there!
Love & Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
No, I haven't seen her since last Spring. My middle son had sinus surgery ten days ago and they discovered cholesterol granuloma which is extremely rare in the sinuses (more commonly found in ear canals); and hubby is having serious medical issues so I'm burning the candle at both ends and haven't had a chance to call/get in to the rheumy.

I'm getting to the point where I can't put it off much longer. I'll put it on my "to do" for Tuesday as that's the next time they'll be in the office. Who knows how long it'll take to get in for an appt......

magistramarla
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Yes, get an appointment.
If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be much good for your loved ones.
Love & Hugs,
Marla