PDA

View Full Version : Motivation for all

plunk989
02-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Hello to all. I am new on here, but not so new to Lupus. I am a 37 year old white male. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogrens in 2008. I am in the U.S. Air force stationed in England. I just wanted to tell all of you that I passed my fitness test this morning. I could not have done it without each and every one of you. You all were my motivation to do this. Our fitness test consist of 1.5 mile run (I ran it in 11:26) 1 Minute of pushups (I did 48) and 1 Minute of situps (I did 56). I hope that my accomplishment can now be motivation for someone else on here. Thanks again

debbie-b
02-08-2012, 04:22 AM
First, welcome to WHL.
I am happy for you, that you were able to pass your fitness test and I am happy for you, that you had the strength to endure this very physical task.

Debbie

BonusMom
02-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Welcome to WHL and thank you for your service!

I'm so impressed with your ability to maintain your level of physical fitness. Keep it up! What an inspiration!

Trish91171
02-08-2012, 05:50 AM
WOW, congratulations and THANK YOU, I needed to hear something like this today!! Thank You for your service as well, I grew up Air Force and know the physical requirements. You should be VERY proud of yourself, we are luck to have you at our backs!!!!!

Trish

rob
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello Plunk,

Welcome to WHL! I served in the US Army, and our P.T. Test was very similar to yours. We had a two mile run, and we had two minutes each to do as many sit-ups and pushups as possible. Passing the P.T. test without Lupus can be a challenge, let alone with.

It's always good to hear about an accomplishment such as yours. It does wonders for everyone's morale and motivation.

Please make yourself at home here,

Rob

magistramarla
02-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi Plunk,
Welcome to WHL from an AF wife. My hubby has been serving since 1981. He's currently working on his PHD at the Naval Postgraduate School.
He's AF, he's attending a Navy school, and we're living on an Army post. How's that for Joint Services?
I know what those PT tests are like, and how much Jeff stresses about them. Congrats for managing to do it with AI diseases.
I'm jealous of your posting in England. My daughter's hubby has orders to Ramstein, Germany. You young'uns get all the luck!
Hugs,
Marla