PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with facial rashes

wowthird
02-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I am wondering the logistics of dealing with the rash I have on my face. I am not yet diagnosed and haven't yet seen a rheumatologist but hope to within the next two weeks.

I don't have a malar rash but a lesion-type rash. While it is greatly dissipated on my body, my face is still affected and I think I even have new ones coming up.

My question is, if I go out and want to wear concealer and makeup, is there anything I could put on first ( besides sunscreen ) or anything you recommend to treat after I remove my makeup? It is really painful, but I just can't go out with it fully exposed. The moisturizer I was using pre-rash, doesn't feel "heavy" enough. The lesions that are fading are very dry and flaky and I think some type of cream might be better than lotion.

Tonight I put aquaphor on the newer lesions, they feel almost like a burn.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tgal
02-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Before the plaquenil I had bad rashes and I basically had to give up make-up because I found that they made them worse. Now that they are gone I still have to be very careful because my skin is very sensitive to makeup. I have found some facial sunscreen that I put on first that does help when I do have to put make-up on. I am OK for a day or two but I still can't wear it every day.

Not sure if that helps or not

wowthird
02-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank you for your response. I guess I will try to wear it only when I feel like I must until I can get some treatment. I wish I wasn't so self-conscious without it
( this before the red welts arrived ).

bunny28
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM
It's a tough question and one I am still trying to solve. I have started wearing make up (didn't regularly until December 2011) but now I am getting rashes. SO currently I wear a moisturizer for sensitive skin with sunscreen and then I have found L'Oreal bare essentials ( I think) their version of Bare Naturals, has a good powder foundation that doesn't bother my skin as much. Time will tell I guess if this combination works.