PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a grandma again!

magistramarla
02-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Everyone,
My daughter Hillary, who has had the problems with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, is finally pregnant again!
She has a 12 year old boy from her first marriage, and she and Steve have been trying for the nine years that they have been married.
They tried the insemination thing for the third time last month (in vitro would have been the next step).
She had a clomid shot to bring on ovulation. Multiples are fairly common after those treatments.
Now, the doc is already suspecting twins because her hormone levels are wayyy high already!

I've got to get started on my traditional crocheted baby blanket - hopefully I'll be making two of them!
Hugs,
Marla
I'm attaching a picture of the last blanket that I made when Ryan was born two years ago. It happens to have Ryan and my service dog, Conner, lying on it.

red246
02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Congratulations! How exciting!!!!

tgal
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you!

steve.b
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
i think i can hear the exitement in your words, from over here.

one proud nanna !!!!

congratulations.

debbie-b
02-05-2012, 06:49 AM
I am happy for you, that is exciting news.

Debbie

kim,l
02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
congrats marla i am so happy for you it is exciting time for both you and daughter. luv and hugs

SleepyInSeattle
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Oh, CONGRATULATIONS - and best wishes to everyone!!!!!!

BonusMom
02-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh, how exciting for your family! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and baby(ies)!

magistramarla
02-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks, everyone!
It's so cute - Hillary is back to calling me to check in and ask questions nearly every day. This is a young woman with a high-powered management position in a Fortune 500 company. I usually rarely hear from her. Now, Mom is the expert who must be reached every day again!
The next eight months or so are going to be interesting!
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to say congrats, too!

Angel Oliver
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh Marla thats fab news,so happy for you.How exciting!!

love
Amanda.xx

justomegirlindallas
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
OH WOW!!! HOW EXCITING!!!! :) :) Congrats :)

Saysusie
02-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Many congratulations Grandmom...and you are an expert, you've been an exceptional Mom!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks to all,
Things could get interesting for our family. Kayla and Perry are trying to get pregnant, too. To top it all off, Tom told me that he and his beautiful girlfriend are thinking of getting married soon, and that they really wouldn't mind if it happened to them. I may need to go into baby blanket mass production!
Hugs,
Grandma

Nonna
02-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks to all,
Things could get interesting for our family. Kayla and Perry are trying to get pregnant, too. To top it all off, Tom told me that he and his beautiful girlfriend are thinking of getting married soon, and that they really wouldn't mind if it happened to them. I may need to go into baby blanket mass production!
Hugs,
Grandma

Let me know if you need help, I'm really good at baby blankets . Also congratulations

Hugs. Toni

magistramarla
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Toni,
Thanks! I'm making squares like crazy already. When Hillary and Steve had their house built, they had one bedroom professionally decorated with a Winnie the Pooh theme, so I'm making one (or two!) more just like Ryan's blanket. I use squares of sage green and chocolate brown with an off-white edging. If we have one (or two!) girls, I'll add in some rose-colored squares, so it should all look good with the Winnie the Pooh theme.

UPDATE: Hillary had an ultrasound. There are definitely two gestational sacs, but the doc was only able to verify a heartbeat in the one that was closest to the front. We have to wait another week for the next ultrasound, and hopefully, he'll get both heartbeats verified.
It's really looking like we've got twins!
Happy Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
02-24-2012, 09:38 PM
here is hoping for 2.
that way they need there gran to help out more.
hee hee

BonusMom
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
OMG twins! Well worth the wait, I'd say! What an exciting time for the family. Everyone, uh, getting busy (so to speak), making babies and blankies.

I've got just a rascal of a grandpuppy, but after the kids' cruise in May, I'm expecting an announcement......

magistramarla
02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
BonusMom,
I hope you get that announcement - Grandbabies are the best!
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
03-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, here's the update - there is only one baby. There were definitely two gestational sacs, but one is shrinking and will disappear. It must have not been viable. It's good that it happened this way, instead of something going wrong later. Now Hillary's body can concentrate on taking care of that one precious little one!
Grandma is kind of relieved that she only has to complete one blanket in the next few months!
Hugs,
Marla

SleepyInSeattle
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow - that is what happened when I had my daughter. The placenta was HUGE - like, half again as big as normal - and they finally had to induce after she was almost 3 weeks past her due date....my medical team speculated that those things might all go together somehow, though they don't really know. In any case, she was huge and incredibly healthy - and is a great kid, so I can't complain!!! :-D

(And i don't think I could have handled TWO of her, L O L...)

Best of luck, love, and health to everybody....sounds like lots of happy stuff....