PDA

View Full Version : Just needed to whine....

SleepyInSeattle
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
After several winters of having one or no colds/flus at all, this year I can't seem to shake them!!!!! :-(

The Lupus/Sjogren's/APS/Raynaud's is bad enough, but it really sucks to be sick all the time on top of it. I've had 4 bouts of cold/flu since late October....it's becoming a freakin' lifestyle, and it's making me crazy.

We FINALLY have a nice day today - a break from the constant rain - and I am stuck indoors sipping tea, clutching my tub-o-Vicks-Vapo-Rub, tissues shoved up my schnoz, bags under my eyes and hair wildly askew. BBBLLLLEEECCCCHHHH!!!!!!

Okay, rant over. I feel better now (at least psychologically....).

Thanks.... ;-)

tgal
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Rant away! That is what we are here for! Hope you feel better soon

panda_lupo
01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Feel better LOVE!!!!

a good thing to have is a vaporizer and use eucalyptus oil... Its great if you having a bad cough :)

debbie-b
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
It must be terrible, feeling this icky for months.
Take care of your schnoz ( I love that word), I hope you'll feel better soon.

Debbie

Saysusie
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
This is the place where ranting is expected..living with our illnesses on a daily basis is very trying and to have to deal with cold or flu on top of that?....That deserves ranting. I hope that you feel better very soon.

Peace and Blessings

Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
It seems that it kind of goes that way. No colds or flus for many years and then the big one comes. At least it was that way for my significant other. (He doesn't have lupus though), He had the BIG ONE this year. I hope you feel better soon. They can be miserable. My daughter had a bad one this winter too. It took almost two weeks before she could breathe through her nose again and before the stuffiness and congestion in the sinuses went away. Take care.

magistramarla
01-31-2012, 11:23 PM
AWWW - I hope you feel better soon.
My hubby caught a bad cold from a fellow student a couple of weeks ago. I managed not to get it, but his cat did. Dax was miserable - sneezing, watery eyes, and acting miserable. As soon as he recovered, my cat Casper got it! So far, the dog and I have stayed healthy, and we want it to stay that way.
Hugs,
Marla