PDA

View Full Version : Update.

Toradoradi
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM
This week is kicking my butt. I've been doing good for awhile but it's caught up with me for whatever reason. I've been living at a pain level of 6 instead of my usual 4 for the last week and a half and I am nt liking this. I think I am stressing out and it is showing, I'm incredibly emotional as well and it's not helping. I have an eye app tomorrow for a plaquinel screenig. First since I've gone on the drug. Hope that goes well. Anyways just wanted to give an update. I'm hoping I get back down to that 4 and can function normally. Hope all is well.

Desleywr
01-31-2012, 02:54 AM
Hope your feeling a little better. The good thing is your not on 9 or 10 level pain. I am just starting to finish a flare and I am over the moon as the first thing I have got is some energy. I do understand where you are at as I was there at the beginning of Dec as I had just started plaquenil a week before I was sure I was heading into another flare. I know how you feel stressed and frustrated when you go further into the pain level. It is so so frustrating with so much emotion it does make you feel quite teary! When i read a few of the threads here I felt much better and supported. Look up tears and you will realise you are not alone. It will make you feel better.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Toradoradi
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Had an eye exam today. Doctor said my eyes are spectacular an healthy. I have some near sightness but I already knew that. But overall my eyes look great so I shouldn't have any problem for now. Looks like I am done with doctors for at least another six months unless I go into a flare. Yay! Now to pay the bills off and get back to normal life.

Desleywr
01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
The benefit I have noticed this flare as just started Plaquenil, as I started this flare has been: the pain was much less, the fatigue didn't last as long, after two mths I have now noticed the flexibility of my ankles is so much better which has resulted in feeling stronger when walking. Other things are still there but I understand it can take six mths to be fully working. It does work very slowly and I can say it is worth it.

magistramarla
01-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi Dora,
Hang in there. It takes a while, but I've found that the Plaquenil does take the edge off of the pain.
Take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Marla

Toradoradi
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Plaquinel seems to be doing its job. I've been in it almost a year so it's already been in my system a long time. This week just hasnt been the greatest for my stress level or emotional level and the pain is getting to me. It's slowly going away though so I think I just gotta get through it. It's very frustrating sometimes though because even on the good days you still have some pain... I think this is a constant thing in life now and I need to learn to manage it. The plaquinel keeps the flares at bay and the swelling away and alot of other issues have calmed since starting it so obviously its working. I just hate living at a 3 when I feel normal. I guess a 3 is my normal... Somedays if I'm lucky it goes down to a 2 though... Gah it's annoying sometimes knowing that this is just how my life is now and I need to learn to manage it. Anyways im doing better today, a little tired but it's off to clean the house, work out and figure out dinner for tonight.

steve.b
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
i also have a different pain normal than i used to have.
mine is also slightly higher all the time.

to help ease the pain level, i use a long acting pain medication.
in australia, you need a script.... but in america it is otc.
"panadol osteo". it contains 665mg of paracetemol, and is long acting.
the normal way to take it is 2 tablets 3 times a day.

the fibro support group reccommend 1 tablet 6 times a day.

instead of the 3 "hits" for pain releaf every 6 hours, you get smaller "hits every 3 hours.
it helps reduce your reactions to the pain.

of course please seek medical advice.
what i am suggesting is not supported by some doctors.