PDA

View Full Version : I am really scared

kim,l
01-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone stephen will be going in for his pacemaker operation in the next 3 weeks probably and i am terrified as it holds extra complications for him because he has already had a stroke and he could have another one or a heart attack. He is very sick now his heart rate is very low and even eating makes him tired. I find it hard to sleep scared his heart will stop. I am feeling so depressed right now it is hard to get through each day not knowing if i will lose him. Mikaela is going start to be homeschooled again on monday and i do not know if i can concentrate enough to do this. She is also worried about her father and is acting up. So this is not helping. I am venting now and feeling sorry for myself. Thankyou for listening.

magistramarla
01-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Kim,
Please know that I and others here at WHL will be thinking of you during the next few weeks. Hopefully, the pacemaker will be just what Stephen needs.
Meanwhile, take care of yourself, too. I know that this is a tough time for all of you. Remember my hubby's favorite saying: "This too, shall pass".
With much love and gentle hugs,
Marla

tgal
01-27-2012, 11:41 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for your family. Let us know how the surgery goes

Manderson
01-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Best wishes to you and yours Kim. I'll be keeping good thoughts.

Nonna
01-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Kim, remember that we're here for you. Marla is right, we all go through hard times, but they do pass.

Trust in the Lord's plan.
I'm praying and sending good thoughts

SleepyInSeattle
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Best wishes to all of you...be gentle with each other and yourselves. remember to do some things that make you feel good, whatever that it. when I am really stressed out there is a frozen yogurt place nearby that I LOVE but usually don't indulge...in times of stress, I will treat myself to a froyo, or a latte, or half an hour of some stupid TV show I normally wouldn't watch each day just to have those moments of silly pleasure. It can help you get through the heaviness.

And remember part of what your daughter needs to learn is how to take care of her family and herself - so maybe some days the homeschool lesson is about that - that's okay. That's the beauty of homeschooling - that flexibility.

I'll be thinking of you all and hoping for the best....

BonusMom
01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I hope all goes well for your family, Kim.