PDA

View Full Version : "cold feeling" in the joint?

bella189
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Every now and then, when a particular joint flares, i will get a cold feeling to acompany it, almost like there is ice inside of my joint... does any one else ever experience this?

It happend last night to my wrist!

Saysusie
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I actually get thhe exact opposite..whenI am flaring, I feel as if my joints are on fire. I also get this burning sensation in my muscles. I use ice packs for relief...have you tried heat on your cold joints? I hope that you find an answer & some relief,

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
01-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Mine get hot as well, not the joints but the skin around the joints. When the pain subsides it feels like I have a tight rubberband around my wrist.
I would try Susies suggestion and put ice on it. I hope it helps.

Debbie

bella189
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
I do ice my joints when ever I can... they do not feel cold from the outside, but the inside, where it hurts, feels like it is frozen! Very odd.

debbie-b
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I do ice my joints when ever I can... they do not feel cold from the outside, but the inside, where it hurts, feels like it is frozen! Very odd.

Brain fog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I meant heat, that might help. But you are right, it sounds very odd.

Debbie

bella189
01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
lol! Heating them is something I have not really done... I was always under the impression that ice was better for joint inflamation/pain?
And heat for Muscle?

bunny28
01-27-2012, 10:11 AM
lol! Heating them is something I have not really done... I was always under the impression that ice was better for joint inflamation/pain?
And heat for Muscle?

To actual hope to decrease inflammation then yes you have it right...or rather ice is good for acute inflammation ie in the first 24-48 hours after a sports injury, etc. And heat will help relax muscle spasms, etc. Truth is both are used in athletic or physical therapy after day 3 of an injury. Heat actually increases blood flow to the area and is used to aid healing. As for a lupie pain...I think anything is worth a try and heat can be soothing....Just watch yourself and see how you react. If it helps, great keep it up and maybe mention to doc next time that heat gives you some relief. If it doesn't help, ditch it and go back to icing.

Hope that helps

Bunny