PDA

View Full Version : the new job

ruziska
01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
I started my job January 19. The one I temped for over Christmas. I haven't worked full time outside of the home in way too many years. I love the job! However, I'm not loving coming home and wanting to pass out shortly thereafter. Please, oh please tell me that my body will adjust to this and I won't come home every night and crawl immediately into bed! It's only an 8 hour shift and an office manager job! Not like I'm doing hard manual labor! Tonight I was dozing off before 6:45. NOT GOOD. I really hope that once I get the routine down, I'll be able to do more than work and sleep.

Saysusie
01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
I wish that I could give you a definite answer to your question, but I can't. Your fatigue, at the end of your work day, may be due to your disease or just because you are not accustomed to working full time, or a combination of both. are you able to take some rest periods during the work day? Working full time may require that you afford yourself the time to get recuperative rest...doing so once you get home may be a good thing as it is providing you with what you need...rest and recuperation.
Congratulations on your job and I do hope that you are able to find a way to balance your work and need for rest so that it does not become a problem.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

steve.b
01-24-2012, 04:56 AM
congratulations on the job.

a little tip i have heard.

take all the breaks offered........
but take them outside, (away from flourescent lights).

i hope it helps.

red246
01-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Congratulations on the job! Agree w/both above, especially about taking breaks outside - weather permitting of course! lol Fresh air is always good.

ruziska
01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
I do have the "luxury" of being able to take breaks. I will start going out and getting away from the lights. I can also turn them off as long as there is enough natural daylight coming in. My window faces due east so I don't have to worry about direct sunlight for very long.

Today was much better-9 pm and I'm still awake !

magistramarla
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Rita,
Good for you! If you are doing a job that you love, it feels like getting paid to have fun. I know I felt that way about my teaching job.
Take care of yourself, and be sure to take those breaks.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
01-25-2012, 08:25 AM
I do have the "luxury" of being able to take breaks. I will start going out and getting away from the lights. I can also turn them off as long as there is enough natural daylight coming in. My window faces due east so I don't have to worry about direct sunlight for very long.

Today was much better-9 pm and I'm still awake !

When I was still working, I actually purchased a table lamp for my office as well as a desk lamp. I did this in order to avoid the overhead fluorescent lighting. That, alone, made me feel so much better. Be careful of allowing too much sunshine into your workspace also..UV rays are also bad for us. If your office windows are tinted (as were mine), it is a bit safer to allow the natural light in. Hang in there!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie