PDA

View Full Version : MIA - Sorry

Gizmo
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello Everyone! As much as I love this group of people, I don't seem to have the time to read and post anymore, and that makes me sad. I started a job 3 weeks ago, as a volunteer coordinator at a domestic violence shelter. It's the first time I've worked in 5 years and it's kind of kicking my butt. I had a back injury AND kidney stone in the middle of the holidays and was only out of bed for 1 day before I started my job. Then on Tuesday I got a stomach bug and it seems to have flared my lupus. Thank goodness the job is only 16 hours a week, but it's an hour commute each way. And I still have to get my daughter to her many medical appointments on my days off.

Anyway, you have all been so kind and supportive. I wanted to let you know that I think about you often, I just don't have much time to read and reply right now. Hugs to everyone.

magistramarla
01-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey Gizmo,
It's good to hear from you.
I know that it is rewarding to be doing some very useful work, but please be careful and take good care of yourself!
Hugs,
Marla

lucky7
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
AWWWW, were thinking of YOU TOO!!!!! I was MIA for a while myself! It is what it is, WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE of OURSELVES and sometimes that means shutting some things out temporarily. You are working and THAT IS DRAINING! Good for YOU though! Just take care of yourself and WE ARE THINKING of YOU too!!!

chikititalinda
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Gizmo, good to see you, glad youre ok!

rob
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello Everyone! As much as I love this group of people, I don't seem to have the time to read and post anymore, and that makes me sad. I started a job 3 weeks ago, as a volunteer coordinator at a domestic violence shelter. It's the first time I've worked in 5 years and it's kind of kicking my butt. I had a back injury AND kidney stone in the middle of the holidays and was only out of bed for 1 day before I started my job. Then on Tuesday I got a stomach bug and it seems to have flared my lupus. Thank goodness the job is only 16 hours a week, but it's an hour commute each way. And I still have to get my daughter to her many medical appointments on my days off.

Anyway, you have all been so kind and supportive. I wanted to let you know that I think about you often, I just don't have much time to read and reply right now. Hugs to everyone.

It's good to know you are doing OK despite it all Gizmo. Don't worry about being away.

You do what you have to do, and we'll leave a light on for you.

Rob

steve.b
01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
hi gizmo,

good to hear from you.

do what you need to........
and pop in when you can.

as rob said........we will leave the light on for you.

Gizmo
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I really do like my job, and it is wonderful to have an identity that doesn't revolve around illness, being a caretaker or housework. I just hope I can keep the wolf away from the the job. Thanks for all the well wishes. I miss you guys and will try to check in from time to time.

tgal
01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Glad to know that you are alive and kicking. Just stop in and say hello from time to time. We miss you too but we understand