PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Denver Colorado rheumatologist

ganesha
04-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone,
I have noticed quite a few people on the boards here in the Denver area and have a couple questions for you folks.
Do any of you attend local support groups for lupus? I have heard of one in Arvada, but it is on the second floor of a restaurant and I am in a wheelchair.
Does anyone have a rheumatologist that you really like? I have only had two appointments with mine, and he is nice enough, but didn't really tell me much I didn't know already.
Has anyone sought out a naturopath in the area that could help seek out alternative therapies? I would love to see one, but can't afford to spend a bunch of money searching for one that really knows what they are talking about. I am reading Sharon Moore's book on alternative therapies and will begin trying some of here suggestions, but would love the guidance of a good natural Dr. as well.
Thanks for your time reading this and for any help and advice I receive. If anyone is not wanting to list a Dr. here, if you could message me I would really appreciate it.
Have a great day, and keep smiling.
Brent

catlady4520
04-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I wish I knew of a good rheumatologist in Denver. I have one in Colo Spgs I really like and can give you her info if you want. I know how hard it is to find a good doctors. Rheumatologists are so busy, it's hard to find one who will answer all your questions.

I can ask my sister in law to ck. She lives in Denver.

silverlioness
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
As an after thought, I thought it would be best to pm you the info.

ganesha
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will likely try the Dr. silverlioness sent me. Any naturopath suggestions for the area?
Thanks again,
Brent

CMTinColo
05-06-2006, 07:21 PM
I see an EXCELLENT rheumatologist named Cheri Reichart. She is located in Denver in the medical plaza next to Swedish Hospital. She works with a group called Colorado Arthritis Center and their number is 303-788-1312. Good luck!! :)

SoleSinger
05-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Hey!!

The woman who runs the Arvada support group is a good friend of mine... I can talk to her if you'd like! I don't like that location that we are in anyway!!

ALSO! This coming Wednesday the 10th, we are having a balloon release in honor of World Wide Lupus day...it's at 7:30p infront of the restaurant where we have our meetings, if you'd like to come!

I will talk to Miranda!!! I've been trying to convince her to get out of there anyway! :):):):):):):):):)

Let you know what I find! :)

MDRivera
05-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi!!

This is Miranda...the Arvada Lupus Support Group Facilitator. I have noticed that there are a lot of you that are from the Denver area. We have a support group going (the one the SoleSinger has mentioned) that is open to ANYONE with Lupus or friends and family members who want to help support those diagnosed. Our group is fairly new and we want to accomodate everybodies needs as far as "location". We have not yet set a PERMANENT meeting spot but so far we have had great feedback from meeting at the Cheshire Cat at 58th and Yarrow. I want to personally invite you to come and give the group a try. We meet two Wednesday evenings a month. Our next meeting is scheduled for May 17th at 7:00-8:30pm! If you have any questions or need directions you can contact:
mirandarivera3@hotmail.com OR
jennjn1331@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!!

Miranda