PDA

View Full Version : I'm not really new, just haven't been on in a LOOOONG time.

kohlfrog
01-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm kohlfrog (it's been about 2 years since I've been on here) Things in my life changed and like so many things I seem to forget, this was one of them. I'm going to pin it this time so I can't forget it :P

I've been diagnosed with SLE (2009) and Gluten Intolerance (2011)

I'm currently not being treated for my SLE as my doctor wanted to test and make sure the Gluten Intolerance wasn't the root of all my problems (It wasn't, I'm going back in tomorrow)

I have been on Plaquenil, and Methotrexate for my Lupus. The Plaquenil was incredible until I started having bad side-effects. The Methotrexate had an intermittant effect at best. I'd feel good for a week, feel horrible for a month. That week was the best I'd felt in years aside from the Plaquenil, but alas, I was removed from the Metho because it was decided the results didn't outweigh the side-effects. I'm also on and off prednisolone (my body reacts poorly to regular prednisone).

I'm about 90% certain that Lupus is not my only auto-immune disorder, however I was so happy to be diagnosed with something so I could be treated, that I have never tried to go further in diagnoses. I'm sure some of you know what that's like :)

I'm currently unable to work. Though I wish I could, I really don't like being broke, lol.

I love cats! And though I'm allergic to them, they alleviated my childhood asthma, so I don't care :P

I was diagnosed with lupus without any definitive Sero tests. I tested positive for ANA and met enough items on the checklist. Foggy brain(I have to have a reminder for EVERYTHING), severe fatigue, liver and pancreatic involvement (no kidney issues oddly enough), random mouth sores and skin issues, severe joint point, and butterfly rash were the basis of my diagnosis, along with the ANA and occasionally high ESR and Sed rate.

I'm plagued with things that have never really been linked to my lupus, but could be caused by it. Then again I think all lupus suffers feel plagued at some point lol. I am currently looking to try to find a new treatment for the lupus, as well as see if maybe my hunch is right, and lupus is not my only autoimmune issue. I have that thought in my head that someday someone will find something, and it will be the key, and I will find a treatment because of it that actually works and doesn't cause something else at the same time. Sometimes it feels like believing that is no better than a fairy tail, but without that thought, I can't imagine how the rest of my life will be, because I don't want to keep living it like this.

Wow that sounded depressed....and I'm not really, just tired I think. I could keep going but I think it's best I end now before you get a whole 3 pages to read! I know I can't concentrate long enough to read that much lol!

steve.b
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
welcome back.

it is always good to be able to come home.
and this is our cyber home.

i have not had the pleasure of talking to you before....
but i look forward to getting to know you.

magistramarla
01-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Kohlfrog,
Welcome back! Your story sounds just like those of many of us here.
Please read through the threads and get re-acquainted.
LOL - I adore cats, too. We have two - mine is a flame-point Siamese and my husband has a Maine Coon who has extra toes.
I recently got a German Shepherd service dog, and my husband's cat bullies him!
Looking forward to getting to know you.
Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
hi kohlfrog welcome to whl i have a tortoise shell cat her name is puss puss she is part of our family. now you and your cats are part of our big cyber family.

kohlfrog
01-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Lol I have 4 cats, 2 outdoor and 2 indoor. One of the outdoors is a big fluffy tortoiseshell maine coon :) I have a beautiful white Norwegian Forest Cat inside (she may not be purebred, but she looks and acts like lol) and a black mutt and a white mutt cat (can't forget the black mutt of a dog too) The White kitty loves to harass me though :/ She decided this morning to get on my nightstand and tip my water over because my water apparently tastes better than hers... She's 10 years old but she's got more spunk than me most days!

kim,l
01-13-2012, 05:36 PM
yes i can understand that my cat has more energy than me. she was a abandoned stray when we moved here and was near death when we started feeding her the previous tenants just dumped her but she is part of our family now and very spoilt.