PDA

View Full Version : First time forum user

charcross
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I thought I might try this b/c I really have no one to talk to. I have been sick for years and I think people are just tired of it. Like they think I'm not. 10 yrs. ago it started w/ a seizure so diag. epilepsy,major headaches. Couple yrs later hysterectomy b/c of endometriosis. Then found Hep C The treatment was very hard on me and I got vascilitis and very low white cell count so I had to stop and then restart acouple of times. Now the big deal is fibromylasia and lupus and I just feel done. I'm only 41 but I feel soooo much older. I"m really not trying to whine just give alittle insight. I thought by joining the the forum I could get ideas on how to feel better, lift my spirits, and kno that not all of this is is my head.

rob
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Charcross,

Welcome to our group. I'm 43, and I've lived with SLE for 8 years now.

I think you'll find much of what you are looking for here. We lean on each other here, and we try to put a little humor into the mix while we do it.

We're an easy-going bunch, so feel free to join the conversation whenever you like.

Please make yourself at home,

Rob

SleepyInSeattle
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Welcome!!!! I am sorry you are feeling lousy, and I hope some of the info and support here will help. I am relatively new to this group, but it has been a tremendous help to me. it's a great place to "vent", because folks definitely understand what it's like living with this stuff. : - )

debbie-b
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi char,

Welcome to WHL.
I am glad that you have found us.
We always have an open ear for you, when nobody else want's to listen to you, we will.
The people on this forum are my extended family, who let me wine, vent, cry, complain and still give me encouraging words.
We are here for each other.
I am looking forward getting to know you.

Debbie

rob
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey Charcross,

I just noticed you are from PA. I'm just up the road from you in Maine!

steve.b
01-10-2012, 06:28 AM
hi and welcome.

please take the time to read afew of the posts.....
they are our personal experiences in dealing with lupus and other issues.

many of us have fibro also,
and there is a few threads for you to read through.

you are not alone......... we are here.
welcome

NaturalMystic
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi charcross,

Welcome! :)

We are all here for you. I'm fairly new, but have found this group, like debbie says, to be an extended family. It's nice to have people to lean on who understand everything you're going through and to get advice from. I'm still learning, so it's nice to have so many people willing to answer my questions and tell me I'm not crazy.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
Ty :)

magistramarla
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi Charcross,
Welcome to WHL. You've found the right place for folks who understand what you are going through.
This group has become my cyber family over the last few years. It keeps me from driving my real-life family crazy with my complaining!
Hugs,
Marla

charcross
01-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I've been looking through the site and even though it's sad to read about everyones pain it is such a great help to know that I'm not crazy even though I feel like I'm going insane at times,haha.

kim,l
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
welcome charcross to whl do not worry we all feel a little insane at times and crazy but we can all be that way together thats how we get through we are just one big family from all over the world united in our craziness. but we still manage a laugh look forward to chatting .

magistramarla
01-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey Charcross,
There is a thread called Pittsburgh, PA. Capncrunch is looking for other members from your neck of the woods!
Hugs,
Marla

charcross
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Marla, that's only about 2 hrs from here. I've taken the to look at schools there. ((Hugs))