PDA

View Full Version : dumb question of the day....

StephK
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Okay, this is ridiculous, but I can't figure out how to add a picture to my profile. How lame, I know, but someone -anyone- help! :)

steve.b
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
your avatar, is the picture others see when you post.

on the left hand side of your profile page....
there should be an option to add your avatar.

rob
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Okay, this is ridiculous, but I can't figure out how to add a picture to my profile. How lame, I know, but someone -anyone- help! :)

Hi Steph,

First make sure your picture is no bigger than 100 pixels high, and 100 pixels wide.
If it isn't, use a program on your PC such as Windows Paint to re-size the picture.

After you do that, click on the settings button at the top right of this page.

Look to the left about halfway down the page and click edit avatar.

Click use custom avatar and under Option 2 click browse.

A window from your PC will open the pictures file on your PC.

In this window choose the pic you want to use, and double click it.

Look to the right and click save changes.

Your pic should now appear as your avatar.

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Rob

PS-The Avatar and the Profile Picture are two separate things. If the profile pic is what you need help with, let me know.

debbie-b
01-04-2012, 05:45 AM

Don't worry, I am just as " lame". I am so glad that you asked that question, because I don't know, how to do it either.
I JUST got my first digi cam, yeah I have arrived in the 21. century, finally.

Debbie

tgal
01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
That isn't a dumb question! Every site is different and most have to ask!

StephK
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Thank you to you all! I will go work on that now!

rob
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank you to you all! I will go work on that now!

It must have worked. I can see you!

Rob

steve.b
01-07-2012, 08:14 PM
hi steph.
nice to see your picture.

debbie-b
02-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Ok, all you computer savvy "geeks", I need your help,please.
I would like to post a picture, but I don't know, how to get it from my PC to here.

Debbie

tgal
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Ok, all you computer savvy "geeks", I need your help,please.
I would like to post a picture, but I don't know, how to get it from my PC to here.

Debbie

Hey Debbie!

Look right above where you are typing. You will see the smilie, the world (which works for posting links), the second world (which works for unlinking), and then a box. Click the box and it will open up another box that will allow you to find the picture on your computer. Hope this helps!

DrinkofWtr
02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
I am lame also and in addition I am not very computer oriented. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't know how to get a pic on the profile either. Thanks for the question and for the help.

debbie-b
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey Debbie!

Look right above where you are typing. You will see the smilie, the world (which works for posting links), the second world (which works for unlinking), and then a box. Click the box and it will open up another box that will allow you to find the picture on your computer. Hope this helps!

Smilie,world?????????????????????????????????????? ????
I feel so stupid.

Debbie