PDA

View Full Version : sometimes I can be such a #itch

ruziska
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
We were expecting company Saturday evening for New Year's Eve: my daughter and boyfriend du jour. I suggest to dh that if we work as a team, we can get the living room and kitchen looking awesome in no time flat. He agreed. Then promptly went to scrubbing his bathroom. If that wasn't bad enough, leaving me with the living room and kitchen, his mouth started running. His brain however was stuck in neutral, or was it reverse? He had the audacity to accuse me of sitting on my arse way too much. HUH???? He spewed other absurdities as well but I'll spare you. Now, what you should know is that I come from a long line of victimized women and I've spent way too many years of my marriage suffering verbal abuse. I'm slowly but surely getting over that. Finding my voice. Taking a stand. Well I certainly found my voice Saturday. I let him have it. I told him that HE doesn't have to deal with an autoimmune disease. That HE is perfectly healthy. That HE has NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL MY LIFE IS LIKE AND NEVER WILL. That he has all the compassion of paste. I may have suggested that he was the most self centered arrogant clueless schmuck I'd ever met as well. I may have said something along those lines... Well geez! the man is almost 49, NO body fat (between his ears doesn't count), walks 9 miles a day 5 days a week (he's a mail man), super high metabolism, perfect eyesight. Disgusting! Yet, little ol' me, same age, never mind how much body fat, living with Lupus, metabolism left with the after birth and has worn glasses since the 4th grade, does more chores, housework, whatever around the house in 1 day than he does in a week HAS HAD ENOUGH! I may have said something to him along the lines of raising 2 kids to adulthood, feeding and clothing his sorry behind and taking care of 2 dogs and 2 cats plus various other critters throughout the years plus dealing with mom (God rest her soul) and NOT ending up doing 20 to life or the state looney bin which is something HE COULD NEVER HAVE DONE. Or words to those effect.

So yeah, I went full tilt #itch on him. Maybe I should regret it, but...nope, not feeling it. Maybe I should apologize, not feeling that either. Actually, just the contrary: it felt fabulous!

steve.b
01-03-2012, 05:21 AM
there is no fury like a women scorned.

looks like you have started 2012 with a bang.

now you are supposed to not get worked up and stressed.

lol

it is safe to vent here, but people like me sometimes like to have fun with the comments.

i do not condone abuse.........
but 2 wrongs do not make it right.
i know the background.......
but hope you are able to sort things out.

may you not have the aggression that you had last year.

debbie-b
01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry hon, I don't mean to laugh, but your post is sooo funny. I have never met you in person, but I can see you, letting him have it.
You know, a person can only take so much and you have had so much to deal with lately, that it is only natural that you exploded.
To be honest, in my opinion, he had it coming.
Hope you feel better.

Debbie

lucky7
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! I say LET IT OUT!!!!! Good for YOU!!!!! We always have this GUILT as women if we do "let it all out" but in reality WE SHOULD sometimes! It DOES make us feel a bit better! WE are HUMAN and sometimes we can only take so much! I salute you Raziska!!!!! By the way . LOVE the "woman scorned" comment Steve! LOL Oh so TRUE!!!!!