PDA

View Full Version : More frequent symptoms,despite taking meds regularly.

Morpheus
04-24-2006, 11:47 PM
For the last ten years of having lupus this has been the worst.
I've always been able to do double what i am doing now.
However, these days i find i am growing increasingly tired. Joint aches are more frequent,(every day) as well as chronic fatigue. I also find that this happens daily.
I have even lost some of my drive for life.

Despite all this my doc says everything's fine in the lupus department.
I'm only 25, and trying to live a normal life, a life without the pain, achy joints, continued fatigue and all the frustration that comes with it.

If anyone has gone through the same or something similiar please, your comments will be appreciated.

Quote:

"The significant problems we create, cannot be solved in the same frame of mind we were when we created them."

Albert Einstein[/code]

kelibeli
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I have been in a flare for 6 months now. It is very frustrating that despite taking my meds and doing what the doctor says I still feel so tired and achy. Every doctor visit seems to go well though. The doc feels very good about my progress...however, he adds a new med every visit. He tells me that I should be out of my flare in the next 3-6 months, based on my blood work and such. I can only work part-time right now and that is difficult.

I have only been diagnosed since Dec. 2005. I have been sick off and on for the past six years though. This is the worst I have ever felt. I do have to admit though that I am better than I was last Nov. and Dec. So I just keep my head up and hope that the doctor is right and I will be back to my energetic self in the next few months. We'll see. So yeah, I'm feeling frustrated too.

silverlioness
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Every time I go to the Rheumatologist he says that I'm doing great. I thought maybe I wasn't being clear enough about how bad I feel. I have felt horrible for almost a year. I guess it's a flare. I just started to assume this was the way it was always going to be. Anyway, I decided to tell him that on a scale of one to ten that my quality of life is, right now, about a five. He said "that low?" and had a perplexed look. Then, sent me off telling me how good I was doing. I figured it out, though, it's (ironically) because I don't look sick. I go in with make-up on and my hair done with a smile (which is how I always am in public). I guess I've spent so many years pretending not be sick that people believe my act too much now. I am hoping like you that I'll start feeling better soon. Gob bless you.

bluwater
05-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Since I was undiagnosed for so long I tried alot of things to get relief. I'm finally on plaqueinil but still do the other things that I have found to help. It seems that whenever I eat sugar my pain is markedly worse so I have cut that out altogether. It takes about two weeks to see the change. Also wheat is a culprit that really boosts my symptoms. i get big time bloated and seriously fatigued with wheat in my system. Also takes a few weeks after giving it up to see the difference. I was taking too many pain meds so I looked into some natural help. I discovered that willow bark relieves aches and pains as well as any thing but no side effects or risks to the liver. It is actually the plant that aspirine is derived from. I cut out alcohol too and saw a decrease in rashes right away. Also daily stretching in the form of yoga has done wonders for my pain, mood and energy levels. Its real hard in this world of prepared foods to make such drastic changes and I wouldn't be presumptuos enough to claim it will work for everyone but when I can stick with it, this protocol helps me so greatly that i thought it was worth sharing.
Bluwater