PDA

View Full Version : weird heart related symtoms

shelby
12-31-2011, 12:19 AM
My heart rhythym is a bit crazy. It's regular except for PVC's, but the forcefullness of my pulse has been causing me problems; jerking, twitching, tingling, sharp pains. I also have chest tightness and shortness of breath. My doctor did a stress test and it was normal. I've been symptomatic for about 2 years during which I cannot seem to have a surgical procedure without some form of problem, like irregular heart rhythyms, too many PVC's, oxygen dropping low afterwards. My dr isn't worried I have some form of severe blockage but I wonder if I have some plaque build up causing these symptoms. I'm at a loss as to what to think. My family history makes me high risk but the heart disease doesn't occur with my family until someone is way older, never hit anyone as young as I am.

tgal
12-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Organ involvement of any kind should never be dismissed in a Lupus patient. Heart, Lung, Kidney and Brain (CNS) issues need to be treated ASAP. Some of the things you mention could be your pulse, as you think, or it could be CNS issues that would need to see a neurologist. Either way you need to get to an ER because of the "chest tightness and shortness of breath".

Please keep us posted

shelby
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
No I just saw my doctor. He's taking care of it. CNS, no.. I thought it was neuropathy but when I feel my heart beat pulsating that strong and feel the tingling over top of that, I know better. No big deal, probably have a little plaque build up. I am not worried, just wondered if anyone shared a similar pattern of problems.

Desleywr
12-31-2011, 05:42 PM
I have exactly the same have had it since 2007, and it has got more and more exhausting. It flares up and then easies off. I have had a few issues with it and at the moment again being looked into with cardio having had a four day halter monitor on. I get results at the end of Jan. at least for two of the days I registered some of the irregular heart beat for the machine. When I get all the chest pressure and irregular heart beat I also now get extremely exhausted to the point of a walk to the front door I feel like collapsing. The cardio has looked at it and hasn't called me so it isn't urgent. It always must be looked into as it can change so remember to go to the Dr.

shelby
01-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Sometimes I tingle, then feel the heart beat pulsate, and then tingling again over it, or it all occurs at the same time. I have it everywhere. It's been really bad for about a month now. I have periods where it gets better as well but it still bothers me. Caffeine is making it worse, heat has, laying down. My doctor may end up putting me on a holter monitor for 24 hrs. I don't know if that will show anything if I have plaque build up or any blockage. I know an EKG and stress test can be perfectly in such a problem.

My family history for heart attacks is coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I smoke as well. I have had high cholesterol since I was young, but never treated for it. My BP is good most of the time. I'm not worried something serious is wrong but I know something is wrong. Would have been nice if he put me on a beta blocker or calcium channel blocker and calm this tingling down. Maybe at my next appt. I also have calcification in my aorta. I told him but he didn't say anything. That can indicate astherosclerosis which would cause the problems I'm having. I kind of think it needs checked out, but that's the doctor's choice, not mine.

shelby
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Have you ever had pain feeling like it's clawing you from the inside out? Can't figure out what it is. Feels like it's in my back rib, second time lately I've had it. First time, it went away after antibiotic treatment for a viral issue. Well ouch! That hurts.

Desleywr
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Have you ever had pain feeling like it's clawing you from the inside out? Can't figure out what it is. Feels like it's in my back rib, second time lately I've had it. First time, it went away after antibiotic treatment for a viral issue. Well ouch! That hurts.

No nothing like that. Only pain in my ribs at the back. Mention this to your Dr. Good luck!

shelby
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I have. A PA didn't even take the time to listen to my lung. My Dr offered to do a urine test but I had already checked it. It got better but now the pain is back. I have another problem to, it's getting horribly difficult to sit, the pain is flaring in my pelvic bone and hips. I'm taking online courses for a MA degree, and I find difficultly doing online courses! I have to be sitting and studying long periods, but can't stand that pain. Medications don't even touch it. Sometimes I get so tired. If I hadn't started taking caffeine, I would not have been able to keep doing this, because I was flaring. I think working may actually be easier than studying, but, finding that energy, I don't know how I am going to be able to. The arthritis is making it hard for me to get up and walk around during the night. It always hurts. Worst part of it is, I don't know how to figure out what is part of my ongoing pain and what may need attention from my doctor. I think he shares that same confusion. I have a history of kidney stones but this pain hasn't been that bad, that type of pain makes you cry your eyes out.

Desleywr
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
For that pain in the night when you can't take any more pain killers I use a very long heat pack which goes all the way down my spine, or I can put all down one leg, or wrap it around my hips. I do get a lot of relief from the heat pack! Hope is helps