PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from North Texas!

chinadoll
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone!
I live in the beautiful state of Texas and while I am new to this forum, I am not so new to Lupus. In fact, I have had it for many years and have experienced just about the whole gamut of symptoms and struggles. I am currently suffering from an acute flare up of disease activity and it has taken quite a toll on me. I am unable to work anymore, but I would sure like to get involved in a group like this so that I can both give and receive support.

I am married, with a blended family that consists of 5 daughters, 14 grandchildren (with one on the way) and two great-grandchildren (but don't tell anyone because I'm not old enough to have great-grandchildren!). I don't know what I would do without my wonderful husband, who takes great care of me with kindess and compassion. As you know, Lupus is a difficult condition to live with and I feel blessed to see each day as it comes. I hope to hear from you, and look forward to getting to know you all better!

tgal
12-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcome to WHL! So sorry to hear about your flare, I know how hard those are. I am so glad to hear that you have a wonderful support system at home. That is so helpful!

I look forward to getting to know you and, once again, welcome to the family!

chinadoll
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you! I am really looking forward to being involved as much as possible. I remember what it is like to have a new diagnosis, be flooded with questions and have no one to ask. Even after having a definitive diagnosis for a few years, I still have baffling symptoms...Lupus and other associated AI's are so confusing!! So it will be great to be a part of an online support "Family".

magistramarla
12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome to WHL!
I used to live in San Antonio. The AF sent us to CA for three years, and we'll be going back to SA in a year or so.
I also have five adult children, and we currently have three grandsons.
I'm glad that you're here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
12-29-2011, 09:10 PM
hi chinadoll.
welcome.
i am glad you used the name family.....
many of us call this our cyber family.

i too have a blended family.
i amlooking forward to getting to know you.

again welcome.

lucky7
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome CHINADOLL!!!! I have to say that's a great name for you! Your skin is GORGEOUS!!! And by the way, a GRANDMOTHER? WOW! I would have never guessed! I'm sorry you have to join all us LUPIES with your OOKY disease BUT, Im glad you found us!!!!

kim,l
12-30-2011, 04:02 PM
welcome to whl

chinadoll
01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Thank you everyone! You have all made me feel very welcome! I haven't been able to be online for a couple of days, so my today has been brightened by your responses. It is good to feel like I am a part of something really important and that I have an online place to call "home".

Be blessed!

Mica
01-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the online lupus family, I'm also from North Texas, Panhandle area.

tgal
01-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the online lupus family, I'm also from North Texas, Panhandle area.

I was born in Slaton! Where are you?

mdawncooper
01-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Chinadoll:

Welcome to our site. I agree with the above posts. You do not look like you have grandchildren and especially great grandchildren. We look forward to getting to know you more.

Melanie

Mica
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I was born in Slaton! Where are you?

Amarillo! I had to google Slaton, I had no idea it even existed and to think how many times I have drove past it.