PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

kim,l
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM
well christmas is over and my mother returned home today, i love her very much but she has totally stressed me out the whole time she was here. she has severe case of ocd as well as her lupus. she has been constanly wiping everything down with anseptic following us around house wiping cupboard doors fridge doors, sweeping about 20 times a day changing tea towels 4 times a day. you go to have a cup of tea and before you can drink it she is wiping around you going out in public was a nightmare. my dishwashing liquid was not good enough .my clothes detergent was not good enough. even my toilet paper was not good enough. my poor mother inlaw would hardly eat at christmas because everytime she took the plastic wrap off the food to get something my mother would jump up and replace it. we had a bug crawl in under the door she jumped on top of the lounge screaming. she made me shut the whole house up in the afternoon in case any bugs flew in i felt claustrophobic she emptied trash 10 times a day. she was constantly spraying hairspray in the house even though i told her it was affecting both my husband and my health she could not have a hair out of place. my daughter went to sit down on the lounge next to my mother so she had to disinfect it, she was so insulting. i felt like signing myself into mental hospital just for a break. this was not my idea of a family christmas. my feet have swelled and i am now flaring because of tiredness and stress looks like i will be spending the next few days in bed and also i am on my second lot of antibiotics due to chest infection, thanks for listening hope all of your holidays were wonderful hugs

steve.b
12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
they call it the silly season for a reason.

now is the time for normallity.
enjoy a quiet end to a hectic year.
may 2012 be a year of peace for you.

love your friend steve

magistramarla
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Kim,
Steve is right - silly season indeed. I feel for you, sweetie. Put your feet up and enjoy the New Year weekend.
I've been so thankful for our quiet little holiday this year - far away from all of the family and their drama.
It's just been Jeff, me, the two cats and the dog - wonderfully peaceful!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Marla

SleepyInSeattle
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh my goodness....we also have a family member with OCD, so I feel your pain....it is incredibly stressful. Hopefully things will return to normal after the Holiday and hey - at least your house is really clean (or that's the way I try to look at it around here, anyway, L O L...it's laugh or cry, one way or the other - and sometimes both!!!!). It is so hard when you love somebody so much and yet they drive you NUTS!!!!! And it's also just painful to watch a loved one be so anxious all the time. Love, pity, anger, frustration, guilt, helplessness....

Anyway - I hope you feel better soon. I wish you didn't need to do it, but it sounds like you have more-than-earned a few days of bed-rest!!!! Sucks when you need a vacation to recover from "vacation".....

lucky7
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh Kim i am so SORRY. I can SOOO RELATE! Im not saying by any means to break ties with your mother, BUT, I had to unfortunately. She was no good for my health. I was so stressed just talking to her on teh phone because she's so critical and OCD as well. I tried getting her help BUT she wouldnt take it. She is all over the place with her emotions that i just couldnt do it anymore. My therapist said it was the best thing i could do for my health. I love her and i cry sometimes BUT i get past it and move on because i CANT CONTROL her. Have you tried being open about it all with your mom? Thats such a burden for you and your family that you dont need. Tell her things are going to be a certain way in YOUR HOUSE and you would appreciate it if she went by those rules. GOOD LUCK

Nonna
01-01-2012, 05:14 AM
I agree with Steve and send you good thoughts and hugs