PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Helen Tester

hobbsey
12-27-2011, 03:55 AM
I live in South western Virginia and would love to start a support group in my area. I was just diagnosed this month with SLE Lupus and do not know anyone else with lupus.
My diagnosi8s started with a positive ANA on a bllod test and high liver enzymes.
I am a retired IT professional. I have one beautiful 4 year old grandaughter.
I need a lupus friend despeartely

tgal
12-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Good Morning and welcome to WHL! I am so glad that you found us. Getting a Lupus diagnosis is a difficult thing but it is made easier when you find people that understand. Thankfully you have found people that understand. Lupus hits each of us differently however there are some things that most of us can relate to! This place has made a huge impact on my life and hopefully you will find some of the support you need here as well.

I look forward to getting to know you!

magistramarla
12-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi Helen,
Welcome to WHL. I live across the country from you, in California. I'm a Grandma, too - three little boys, ages 12, 6 and 2.
Even though we're long distance, I'll be glad to chat whenever you need someone to talk to.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
12-27-2011, 08:50 PM
hi helen,
i am a grandfather, 4 times over.
i live 1/2 a world away in australia.
welcome to our cyber family.

there is a few of us older and middle aged members here.
many of us have lived with this for a long time.
lupus, with correct medication .....
is a life adjustment.....
not a death sentance.

again welcome.

hobbsey
12-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Ty
I think this board will help me since I do not know anyone else with lupus or too much about it. I have done a lot of research on the web in the past month about it, but talking to and listening to others facing the problems with lupus I think will be a much better education. I think I had probably had it for about 4 years. That is when I started having the rash and purple spots on my hand and itching. I attributed it to allergies and aging. I used cortizone creme on it. Eventurally it would go away and come back. I never told my doctor about it. I did not know anything about lupus so I never made the connection. The blood panel was because I am a diabetic.

tgal
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
You got very lucky to find a doctor that would actually diagnose Lupus based on symptoms. There is no "blood test" for Lupus. There is a test that tells them to start looking and at that point other blood tests are done (which still don't prove Lupus). Most of us fight doctors for months or years to get a diagnoses. I am so happy that it didn't work that way for you!

kim,l
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
welcome whl i am another aussie we are here to listen when ever you need a friend take care.