PDA

View Full Version : Don't Understand Symptoms

mdawncooper
12-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Everyone:

First, Merry Christmas to all. Mother is recovering fairly well but cannot be left alone so my husband and I have moved in with her and it makes things easier for all of us. (Including my kids who love having our house to themselves. LOL) I know I have been under huge amounts of stress so this may explain my symptoms but I don't understand why all of my pain is in my legs, feet, and ankles. I actually am having sharp pain in the top of my feet and today when I had a pedicure I realized that it actually hurt really bad when she massaged my legs. My ankles also feel so bad at night I feel like I have sprained them. I have started having a weekly massage and that has helped some but all of my pain is extreme from my waist down. When I go to bed at night it intensifies. I don't want to be taking pain meds every night but it is the only way I can relax and sleep. I will call my pain management doctor next week. Since Mom has been so sick, I haven't had time to find a new rheumy yet and honestly I dread that step.

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

Blessings to each of you and may your holidays be blessed richly!!!

Melanie

Saysusie
12-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I wish that I had an answer for why most of your pain is in your lower extremities. It is possible that you may have more than one issue going on at the same time. As you probably know, most of us deal with overlapping illnesses that occur simultaneously and symptoms of each illness can be active at the same time. There are a number of reasons why you might be having these issues, but it is impossible for us to give you an answer. I do hope that you can find the time to find a rheumatologist, it might be beneficial for you to discuss these symptoms with him or with your primary care doctor.
I am glad that things are a bit easier now that you are living with your Mother, I hope that this relieves some of your stress. Try to have a joyous holiday :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi Melanie,
I have the same thing - most of my problems are also from my hips to my toes. My leg muscles are in a constant spasm and my feet and toes usually feel numb.
My rheumy seems baffled and the neuro that she sent me to swore that there is nothing wrong with my muscles. The doc that I see for my spasmodic dysphonia thinks that I have spastic paraplegia, but none of my other docs want to pay any attention.
I would just like to know if it is Sp, or if it's just another weird symptom of the Lupus or the Sjogren's.
I hope that you have better luck with the docs than I have had.
Hugs,
Marla

mdawncooper
12-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Maria: Thanks for posting because I have not included a neurologist yet and it may be time too. The doctor who took care of my mother at the local hospital is a neurologist and I have been extremely impressed with him. He came to see her every night and acted like he had hours to sit and speak to her concerning her condition. My daughter, who just moved home, is going to see him concerning her chronic daily migraines so I may get an appointment too and see if there is anything he can do to help me. I know I have to find a new rheumatologist but with mother being so sick it is hard to find time to do that.

Merry Christmas!
Melanie

tgal
12-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree with Marla. Those weird pains in my legs and feet were one of the first issues of my CNS. Sometimes it felt like I was short circuiting. I would have these quick, little jolts of what felt like electricity in my leg. They would move around and they hurt like fire! The other issue that brings pain to my feet is the Raynaud's but in a different way.

Go see the Neuro. Hopefully he/she can help!

lucky7
12-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree! A neuro SHOULD definately BE ADDED to your list of Drs. When i FINALLY found a GOOD one to add, he found ANSWERS for me. Its AMAZING how much our CNS is involved with our diseases. And THAT requires a GOOD NEURO! GOOD LUCK!