PDA

View Full Version : I'm back ! But sadly with bad news:(

ashleybaby715
12-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone. I've made it back onto this site! But sadly I'm here because after almost three years of remission, I'm in a flare. Just in time for Christmas too...joy haha but I'm experiencing things I never have before. For example, I get an awful sharp pain In my head when I stand. Also my skin is really painful. I don't really know how to explain it. It's really weird. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any help would be great. Thankyou :) ps sorry if there are typos I missed. Typing this on my iPhone wasn't the smartest idea haha

NaturalMystic
12-23-2011, 01:03 AM
(((Hugs)))

Definitely know what you're going through. I had a short "quiet period" before going back into a flare recently. The stress from Christmas doesn't help us at all, but it's kind of hard to avoid it during this time of year. It seems everyone is stressed for one reason or another.

I've never experienced sharp pain in my head when I stand, so I can't say much about that. But I do have issues with skin pain. It feels almost like my skin is on fire. Kind of like really bad sunburn and someone keeps rubbing my entire body. Then there are times when it feels like my skin is about to fall off. Not sure why it happens, but it's definitely something to bring up to your doctor. I've only just been diagnosed, so I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about this disease and other AI diseases.

Good luck finding relief!
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Blessings, Love, and Aloha,
Ty

Angel Oliver
12-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh im so sorry to here this my friend.Just rest and know eventually the good days will come back.thinking of you

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

magistramarla
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Ashley,
Wow! It is so good to see you here again! The last time that I remember seeing you here, I think you were just getting started with college.
Have you been stressed out with the end of the semester, thus bringing on this flare? How has school been going?
I think that many of us here have experienced migraine-like headaches. Could your pains be something like that? Or, I wonder if it is the sign of something neurological?
These are good questions for your rheumy.
I've experienced lots of all-over skin itches. It gets so bad at night that I keep a bamboo back scratcher on the headboard for those middle of the night itchies.
Glad to have you back - hope you stay!
Hugs & Happy Holidays,
Marla

lucky7
12-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Ashley! Sorry for the way you have been feeling! I have a multiple sclerosis diagnosis to add to my list and one of MY NEW symptoms is sharp pains in my head as well. There are a few things it could be, so get it checked out! I would get a T3 MRI hun to make sure you dont have any lesions or tumors!! A sharp pain can be a sign of something serious. Please ask your Dr for one! Let us know! LOVE YOU! XXXOOO

Mica
12-24-2011, 12:57 PM
sorry your going through this especially after a long remission. I do get that skin pain, my mom can't even touch me anymore because my skin is so sensitive and it hurts.

Saysusie
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Ashley..wow, this is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I am so glad to see you back with us. On the other hand, I am so sorry that you are in a flare after such a long period of remission.
Like you, I get the sharp pain in my head and the skin issues (like a 2cnd or 3rd degree burn..it is painful to even be touched). Both of these symptoms are attributed to my Fibromyalgia, especially when it flares.
I agree, it might be a very good idea for you to mention these symptoms to your doctor so that the underlying cause can be determined and treatment can be started. I truly hope that you start to feel better so that you can enjoy the holidays....:-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
12-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I was about to say just what Susie did. For me your mention of the skin pain gave it away. It is hard to even lean against a chair or be touched when my fibro is flaring. Mention it to your doctor. Hopefully he/she can find something to help!

steve.b
12-26-2011, 05:29 AM
i have to agree with the other 2 ladies before me.

fibro was my first thought.

ashleybaby715
12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
yeah i was definitely stressed with finals and roommate issues during the semester, especially toward the end. so it probably contributed to my problems i'm having right now. when i webmd/google searched (which i know we shouldn't do, because it comes up with some horrible things ! haha) i was leaning towards fibro too. i told my mom i would call my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. she wanted to me to do it sooner, but i refused (even though i shouldn't have) until after christmas. now i'm also having lower back pain, weird abdominal pain and pain on the left side of my chest when i take a deep breath or lay down. that reminds me of when i had pericarditis. i would call my doctor today, but they aren't open because i guess they consider today a holiday too ? idk lol.
i just wanna get to the bottom of this.

magistramarla
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Ashley,
Does your Mom know about those symptoms that you described? You might need a trip to the ER.
It does sound like pericarditis, but I would worry about anything that hints at heart problems. I lost a sister-in-law at a young age because the docs at the hospital brushed her symptoms off as gastric problems instead of the heart attack that she was actually having.
GO to the ER if anything feels wrong tonight, OK?
Be sure to let us know how you are tomorrow.
Hugs,
Marla

ashleybaby715
12-27-2011, 07:59 PM
hey everyone !
i ended up going to the emergency room last night because my chest pains got to the point where it was crippling. they did a chest xray, ran blood and urine samples and did an ekg. the said there were high inflammation levels and that i have costochondritis (spelling may be wrong?) gave me a prescription for percoset which has been helping alot. good to know theres nothing wrong with my heart and lungs though ! now i'm just all bruised up because the lady who did my IV wasn't very good at it. poked me in three different places before she got a good one. blah.

magistramarla
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Ashley,
I'm relieved that you went to the ER and got those chest pains sorted out.
Now you need to take your meds, rest, de-stress and enjoy the rest of your break.
I know that this is a tough thing when you're in college, but try not to get too stressed-out next semester.
Hugs,
Marla

ashleybaby715
12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
I'll definitely try my hardest not to stress too much. I'm usually fine until it comes to midterms and finals haha.