PDA

View Full Version : Nose Sores?

red246
12-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Can someone please describe these to me? My left side of my nose has had some bleeding mixed w/mucus. Not really a bloody nose if you kwim? Feels sore, kind of like a pressure, but I don't know if there is actually a "sore" in there. We don't have electric heat, love baseboard hot water heat :), so it isn't that I'm dried out - especially since I'm not having the issue w/the other side. Been dealing w/this for a few days now. Thanks for any info!

Gizmo
12-17-2011, 05:43 PM
When I get nasal sores, they are like a blister that the skin has rubbed off on. I have had a few that were low enough to see LOL. They are usually sore in a specific spot and don't bleed or make my nose runny - unless they are really painful or up high, then my nose will run. Nasal pressure, mucous and blood makes me think of a sinus infection or viral illness starting up.

Manderson
12-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Mine are more like Gizmo's and they are from my psoriasis. Very attractive

magistramarla
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
I haven't had any bleeding nose sores since we moved to a more humid climate, but I used to get them. The entire inside of my nose would be dry and flaky, and my tissues would always be streaked with blood, especially during the winter. We live next to the ocean now, so my nose stays better hydrated. However, I have noticed that the last few days the air has been a bit chilly and dry, and my nose is dry inside, too.
I blame Sjogren's.

tgal
12-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Mine are actual sores and they leak a clear liquid at first. They hurt like H*** too!

Linda From Australia
12-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Sores in the nose .. OUCH

StephK
12-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Ugh. I have those more often than not. So irritating and uncomfortable!

Desleywr
12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I just have a very dry nose? Is this the start it just feels uncomfortable and tender?

Saysusie
12-20-2011, 10:53 PM
I have been suffering from these nose sores for years..it is so aggravation and it feels as if there are needles stabbing the inside of my nose. They don't have mucous, but they do bleed occasionally. I try to keep neosporin on the sores to alleviate the pain and prevent the bleeding.....lots of fun :-(

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Manderson
12-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Say Susie reminded me - I use vaseline.