PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here, looking for others like me who understand.

Hhoneyb73
12-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok, so I have been sick all week!!!! I live in Buffalo,NY and Buff can have some crazy weather, and as we all know, changing weather and temps will just about "kill" us! So a little about me, am 38yrs old, I have a 15(turning 16 via 30) ha! Anyhoo, I have been chronically symptamatic since 1999, however,I remember as far back as 15yrs old experiancing Lupus flares and symptoms. No one wanted to believe me, they thought I was looking for atten, but I was really sick. I also have Fibromyalgia, and I diagenosed in 2004, I had exstream pain for 2wks str8t, nothing was working, I had narcotics, over the counter, I ended up in the ER 3 days in a row, man I will never forget when that happened,Dec 9th-23rd,2003!!!!!! Crazy thing was, all the pain symptoms just stoped one day, one minute I was in pain, then after I took my pain meds, the pain just stoped(the extreme pain), I still had the everyday pain, but during this timeframe, the pain was worse.

I don't want to write you guys a book, ha, but I am so happy I found this website, now I can talk to people who understand me, understand that when I say "my skin feels like its on fire", you will know what that is! Am on here looking for support and also for honesty! and most of all people being themselves. I look forward to talking with you guys.
Oh BTW, am a member of Healthdiaries.com, I was posting often, but have not been on for years! Check it out! my real name is Keeon Williams use that to Google, you'll be able to just go to my old pgs.

kim,l
12-16-2011, 09:09 PM
welcome to whl we all know how you feel we are here for you when ever you need to talk

steve.b
12-17-2011, 01:42 AM
hi keeon, and welcome.

please take the time to read through a few of the other posts.
they are about our personal experiences with lupus and other issues.
it is not uncommon for people to have more than one auto immune diorder.
fibro is very common amongst us.

again welcome.

rob
12-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello Keeon,

Welcome to WHL. I live just "up the road" from you in Maine.

Please make yourself at home!

Rob

Coloradan
12-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Keeon! Nice to meet you. My boyfriend is from Syracuse, NY and went to college way up there in Canton. Brrr!

lucky7
12-17-2011, 12:12 PM
WELCOME!!! YOU WILL LOVE it HERE!!! We are one big FAMILY! Like Steve said, read some posts and you will relate in more ways than not! Then you will really feel at home!

tgal
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi and welcome to WHL! We are all so glad that you found us! There is something very calming about finding people that just KNOW what we are going through. I look forward to getting to know you better

debbie-b
12-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Wecome to WHL.

I live in Rochester, just about an hour away from you.

Debbie