PDA

View Full Version : Happy News... Not about Lupus

tgal
12-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone,

I have some news but a little back information is needed.

I am in Texas and in Texas High School Football is a god. We live and breathe football here and the boys start playing at about 6 years old. Well last night my daughters High School (and my old High School) won the semi-final game and are going to play for the state championship next Thurs. night. They will be playing in the Dallas Cowboy Stadium in Arlington Texas!

One of the reasons I have been so absent lately is that my daughter is the school mascot and this has been a huge year. The playoffs have brought so much work and I am only half out of my flare so when not working on football I have been on the couch. As much as I want to feel better and for this to be over I wouldn't trade this past few weeks for anything. Being able to watch, help, support these kids has done wonders for my heart if not my body.

Please keep your fingers crossed this Thurs night. Game starts at 8. No matter how it ends I am so very proud of our kids and our town for showing the support it has shown. My body, however, will be really glad when Friday comes around!

ruziska
12-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Congrats! It's been a great year for football (for some people anyhow) Wisconsin won last Saturday over Michigan (father in law's alma mater- ON WISCONSIN!) and Montana Grizzlies are having a great year!

kim,l
12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
i am glad to see you so happy my dear friend may you have a wonderful result for your football team and then take well earned rest hugs

steve.b
12-11-2011, 02:55 AM
i love a ggod story.....
especialy when a friend is involved.
take plenty of fluids to soothe the sore, dry throat.

supporting can be a very vocal thing lol

you need to post a photo of your daughter all dressed up.

i am happy for your joy. enjoy the moment.

Nonna
12-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Wooooo Whhhooooooo! Football is the best. Like I said before with your daughter as a Bobcat and my grandson as a Tiger we need to get them together. Go BOBCATS!!!!!! Go Purdue!!! Packers and Raiders are best!! Must not forget my high school- New Jersey BTHS Green Dragons. We were defeated for a long time.

debbie-b
12-11-2011, 06:22 AM
I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying all the games and that you can be there, for your daughter and her team.
With all the problems we have, it is nice to get some distraction.
I am crossing my fingers for the final game. You will love the new Cowboys stadium, it is awesome.
Just remember to get rest between the games.
How will you get to Dallas, are you going to drive? It is a about a 5 hour drive. If you do drive yourself, get out of the car every 60-90 minutes, it will help with the stiffness. I have driven between Dallas and Houston alot, my one daughter lives in Dallas and the other one lives in Houston ( Lake Jackson).

Debbie

BonusMom
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Ahhhh, how I miss those days!

I ran into a cousin yesterday and told her the empty nest is seriously overrated-no more sporting activities, no big first dates to watch the kids get gussied up for......

Cherish these moments, tgal, because they go so fast. Take care of yourself and rest when the kids are off the field. We'll keep the light on for you....

mdawncooper
12-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Congratulations! You will cherish this times forever. Rest when you can and I wish your team luck.

lucky7
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
WOO HOO to MASCOTS and FOOTBALL!!!!! AWWWWW, Im so HAPPY for you!!! Anything to keep a bad flare down, or at least forgotten about in an adreneline mode huh! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

Gizmo
12-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, and to her team! Take care of yourself to the very best of your ability, while you enjoy this special time!

magistramarla
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Mari,
I'm not much of a football fan, but I'm very happy that you and your daughter have had such a great time and bonded so much this season.
It will be a wonderful memory that the two of you will always share.
I hope the Bobcats win the state title. That is quite an accomplishment in Texas.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
12-12-2011, 08:56 AM
What wonderful news and we will all be rooting for your daughter's school on Thursday. I am so happy that this is bringing you so many hours of joy (the sick part, we will not give that any power). I would venture to say that the joyous part of your days greatly outweigh the havoc that the sick part wants to create {soft smile here - in lieu of smileys}
Please let us know how it goes on Thursday and remember to allow yourself to get some recuperative rest and take very good care of yourself.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying all the games and that you can be there, for your daughter and her team.
With all the problems we have, it is nice to get some distraction.
I am crossing my fingers for the final game. You will love the new Cowboys stadium, it is awesome.
Just remember to get rest between the games.
How will you get to Dallas, are you going to drive? It is a about a 5 hour drive. If you do drive yourself, get out of the car every 60-90 minutes, it will help with the stiffness. I have driven between Dallas and Houston alot, my one daughter lives in Dallas and the other one lives in Houston ( Lake Jackson).

Debbie

Due to seizures I can't drive, especially not that far. I will risk it around town to the store but can't that far. I will be riding with friends and we will be spending the night.

Steve, I am just getting my voice back from last Friday nights game. LOL I am never quiet during football!

We just found out that the game is going to be on TV so now these kids are even more excited! This is a memory these kids will never forget and yes, the joy outweighs all of the negative things that it brings!

tgal
12-12-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2325325495069

My "Rowdie" (the mascots name) being silly

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2325341695474

Helping Cheer On The Team!

SleepyInSeattle
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
That's wonderful!!! CONGRATULATIONS to all the kids...I'm sure it took a lot of hard work on everybody's part to get there (parents included!)

My daughter is in the local Nutcracker this holiday season, and the rehearsal schedule is just about killing me...I spend about 10-12 hours a week just driving her back and forth - and because it's so far away from home, I can't just go home in between and rest. It's been brutal...but my goodness, I am so proud of her and WHAT A JOY to see her dance!!!!

Aaaah, what we do for our kids....(and what they do for us, which is the best thing EVER!!!!, even if it exhausts us....)

tgal
12-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Just a final update on our Football Season.

The boys lost but coming in 2nd in the entire state is nothing to be ashamed of! My daughter was the mascot on the floor of Cowboy Stadium (where the Dallas Cowboys play) and it will be a memory she keeps for a lifetime. I am proud of all of the hard work she put in this year and am glad that I was able to experience it with her. Below are a couple of pictures that I wanted to share.

The first picture is of her ( as Mascot) and a few of her best friends on the squad. The second one is her and her best friend showing off their silver medals.

magistramarla
12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Mari,
We're all proud of her "shining season". Those will be some great memories for her - just wait until she goes to her HS reunions and gets to reminisce.
Now, rest and enjoy your Holidays!
Hugs,
Marla

Linda From Australia
12-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Thank you for sharing your good news with us all. It is so nice when our kids achieve. My daughter came home with a trophy today. Such happy memories!