PDA

View Full Version : diagnosed sle 20 yrs ago and still searching

AmyM
12-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Hello all,
It's been a few years since sle threw a curve ball so I may be a little rusty on current topics. I decided to join here to search for answers but also to answer questions. I was diagnosed 20 yrs ago, and over the years have developed reynauds, hashimotos, bipolar, and the most recent, some kind of digestion disorder that is still being evaluated. In bed sick with gastritis pain right now, wondering if the sle is behind this.
I have survived 2 major icu visits, once a 6 week stay on a respirator with viral or lupus pnemonia, and another 4 week stay on a respirator with strep in the blood. Both times I developed ards, and had a stroke the second time. The brain damage has healed but was diagnosed as bipolar after a psychotic break about 5 yrs ago. That got me a ten day stay in a psychiatric hospital. Still dont know if it was lupus related. Currently, for over a year now I have been struggling with digestion problems.
Doing very well for the most part.
Looking forward to participating!
AmyM

steve.b
12-04-2011, 03:42 AM
hi amy, welcome.
i too have had lupus for a long time.
i have been diagnosed for about 3 years, but had lupus for over 35 years.

it will be good to get to know you, and learn from your experiences.

many of us like to read a little about each other.
there is a section called "my profile".
you can add what you want us to know about yourself.
also you can add pictures ect.

again welcome.

kim,l
12-04-2011, 04:48 AM
welcome to whl i was diagnosed 4 years ago but have had it most of my life without diagnoses it will be good to chat to you and get to know you.

debbie-b
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Hi Amy

Welcome to WHL.
I hope the docs can figure out, what is wrong with your digestion problems and help you.
Myself, I was diagnosed 5 years ago with Lupus Sle, RA and fibro, but added Sjogrens and Raynauds the last couple of years, plus Mitral Valve Prolapse and Asthma about ten years ago. ( Boy I need to stop yelling " ME", when they hand out diseases), lol.
Anyway, I am glad to meet you.

Debbie

magistramarla
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Amy,
Welcome to WHL. You've come to the right place for people who understand what you are going through. Lupus and other AI diseases seem to affect our whole bodies and our minds, too.
Hugs,
Marla