PDA

View Full Version : They found him alone and deceased.....

BonusMom
11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
My uncle lived alone and was 70 y/o. Over the past month, had been hospitalized for CHF, presumably due to an increased intake of alcohol over the years

Uncle J thought I was the cat's meow when I was a little girl.

I wasn't shocked at the news, just sad for him. Uncle J died alone, in a doublewide trailer on Friday. As if there was enough on my plate, now this.

The really sad thing is that Uncle J's life was irrevocable changed when his tewnty something fiancee died enroute to their wedding. He was never the same afterwards.

My mother wasn't the one who called and told me, but a cousin who was asking if I knew what the memorial plans would be. When I asked Mom why she hadn't told me earlier, she said she didn't want to add any more stress on my plate gee, Mom, like i wouldnt have found out from my 45+ cousins or aunts????

RIP Uncle Jim. Your Lil' Banana loves you.

magistramarla
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry that things are so very tough for you right now, sweetie.
Hang in there and try to take good care of yourself.
Always know that your cyber family here at WHL is here for you when you need us.
And remember that I'm right down the road!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
11-28-2011, 12:49 AM
i am sorry you have so much to deal with at present.
it is hard to properly deal with something, when a second problem comes along as well.

i hope you find time to smell some roses.

thinking of you.
always here when you need a shoulder or an ear.

Nonna
11-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Thinking of you a d sending hugs

Linda From Australia
11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
RIP Uncle Jim. Your Lil' Banana loves you.

I am so sorry about your lost. Tell me about being your uncle's 'Lil' Banana'. You must have been very special in his life to give you such a personal nick name.

BonusMom
11-28-2011, 11:04 PM
One of my Aunts asked me this evening to write the obit for my uncle. I've never cried harder. I don't know if the tears are for my uncle, myself, Rob/Rob's Dad or what, but I'm drained.

magistramarla
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
BonusMom,
Thinking about you tonight, sweetie.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

leaann
11-30-2011, 03:35 AM
thinking of you this week sending you lots of hugs

debbie-b
11-30-2011, 07:14 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
You have had alot to deal with lately, it just has to get better for you.
We are all here for you, if you need us.

Debbie

Gizmo
11-30-2011, 08:30 AM
I am so sorry that you are going through so much pain right now. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

tgal
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this! My thoughts are with you and your family

scubagramplit
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Just to let you know bonus mom that I am thinking of you, I know from past experience, allthough at the time without lupus, what you are going through. Hugs!

kim,l
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
i am so sorry you are going through this take care thinking of you.

mdawncooper
12-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Our prayers are with you as you grieve the death of your uncle.

BonusMom
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Thank you, everyone, for your messages of condolence.

The memorial was today and I'm exhausted. Family flew in from all over the West coast to pay their respects. It was good to see everyone, but I am glad that I'll be delivering houseguests to the airport in the morning.

My PSA for the single people..... please add your adult child, trusted friend or relative as a signatory on your bank accounts. In the evening your death, that person can pay burial expenses, medical bills, etc. without a lot of red tape. If you give someone a Power of Attorney to make decisions on your behalf, it becomes null and void upon your death (in Cali, anyway).

Make things easier on your loved ones by doing a little planning ahead. We know that we're all going to die someday, why make things a nightmare for the people who are tasked with cleanling up our affairs?

SBW8
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Thinking of you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he is in your heart more now than ever before, and instead of being alone he is able to be with you everywhere that you go and watch over you. Many hugs