PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Lunch

Desleywr
11-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Just as a warning for others regarding my mistake. Firstly I assumed that when a personal mail was sent to me I would get a notification email which is incorrect. A personal mail appears to only be marked up on the top line next to our names on the page of the forums under notifications. So to fill you in.

The Sandgropers had previously met for coffee and had a great time. It was asked if we could meet again and bring our partners and have it on a weekend for others who work to attend. So a member suggested the date and I suggested the venue.

Two people were confirmed attending, and another two were possible. I put up a thread and contacted others by pm and no response was received. I didn't check my private mail notifications at the top of the page and went on my merry way to the winery for lunch then sat there with my husband and after waiting 30min with no one turning up, we decided to order our meals and drinks. We were very embarrassed and it was all because I didn't see my notifications, as the two confirmed were at the last min not able to attend. So I felt I should share my sorry lunch with others so that you too don't make my mistake. Check your notifications on the top of the page and don't rely on receiving an email telling you that there is a message for you. I only found the notification after we returned home from lunch.

Still on the good side we had a wonderful lunch with beautiful views and great understanding hosts as the table had been per booked.

Nonna
11-19-2011, 05:22 AM
((((((((((((((Hugs!!!))))))))))))))

kim,l
11-19-2011, 05:31 AM
i am sorry that happened to hope your lunch was still enjoyable hugs

Desleywr
11-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Thank you Nonna and Kim, thank you for your support!

Gizmo
11-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Well, at least you had your husband there so you weren't all alone. I'd LOVE to have lunch alone with my hubby. I hope you all are able to get together another time. As you know, plans are always tentative when you have a chronic illness.

Desleywr
11-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes that wasn't my issue here I wanted to tell people so that they didn't make my mistake .... Not looking at their notifications up the top of the page and noting that no email is sent when you get a notification. Yes we had a nice lunch. Thanks!

Desleywr
11-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I just found a great post by Rob under suggestions regarding how to turn on notifications for private mail. Hope this helps others