PDA

View Full Version : I met someone with lupus

ritzbit
11-18-2011, 06:22 AM
I had to do an interview for my sociology class. We had to find someone from our approved list of countries that were once ruled by another country. The few foreign students at school I had met weren't from countries on the list so I was asking family for some help and my aunt suggests her friend from India. Well her friend has lupus too. It was the first time I have actually met someone else in person who has it. It was pretty cool to compare and stuff and talk about it a little bit.

debbie-b
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
It is nice to have somebody in person to talk to, who really understands what you are talking about.
I have met somebody at my store where I work, but we could only talk for a couple of minutes, because I was working, I wish I would have gotten that womans phone number.

Debbie

Gizmo
11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
That's great, Ritz. I hope you can start a friendship and support one another.

Nonna
11-19-2011, 05:18 AM
I think it's great. I know how I felt when I would meet with Phyllis and Sue. The fact we could literally hug each otherwas so uplifting. Good luck , I hope a friendship blooms no matter age difference.

magistramarla
11-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Ritz,
This is very cool. I hope that this is the start of a sweet friendship for you. Understanding can reach across cultures and age differences.
Keep in touch with her, and enjoy what you will learn.
Hugs,
Marla