PDA

View Full Version : So typical of our lives..... Or I thought you understood

Nonna
11-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Last Friday my daughter hurt her back at work. She went to the dr's and got adjusted and some meds. I tried to sympathize and give advice. She said: "Mom you don't understand.......". My pain is from a twisted spine and arthritis in my neck. I am in constant pain and I thought she understood what I felt every day. Obviously she doesn't. My pain is so bad right now none of my meds are really working. I wish they would so I could live somewhat normally.

Right now all I do is eat, work and sleep. I have no life. By 3 PM I've had it and force my way through the rest of the day. By 8-9 I'm in bed, awake again at 3or4. I needed to vent with someone . Sorry to dump on you all.

Oh big Hugs for Tgal(Mari)., we need to keep her in our thoughts.

steve.b
11-18-2011, 06:01 AM
hugs to you, as well as tgal

NaturalMystic
11-18-2011, 06:34 AM
*HUGS*
*HUGS for Tgal too*

Vent all you need to! We all understand!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
Ty

debbie-b
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh boy, do I understand.
I am in constant pain as well, some days I get lucky and the pain is only a 6, on the pain scale, but most of the time it is a 8-9. It's my neck, my upper back, my lower back, my fingers and my right hip.

Hope it gets better for you.

Debbie

Gizmo
11-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Nonna, it IS hard when people don't understand. Especially when they are in pain and can't relate to your pain. Vent and dump all you want. That's what this is all about.

I must have missed the memo on Mari. Can you tell us what is going on?

kim,l
11-19-2011, 05:36 AM
nonna i am sorry you are so unwell hope things start to improve soon, and i will keep you and mari in my thoughts hugs

magistramarla
11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Nonna,
Vent all you want - we definitely understand.
It seems to me that most of my kids still see me as that invincible Mom who took care of all of their needs. They still want Mom to do that when they hurt.
My two youngest are the worst about it, so I made it my business to go visit them. They got a good look at how much I struggle to get around, so I'm hoping that they will have a bit more sympathy from now on.
Take good care of yourself.
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
I definitely understand too. I go back and forth with thinking my family members understand what I am going through and how I feel, but what actually happens is that they are jealous. It is absolutely absurd, but it sure seems like they are jealous that I never get well. Whenever one of them is sick or hurt, they make a BIG deal out of it as if I can't even relate.
Not much I can do, it's just pretty sad but nobody can fully understand us, unless they walk with us.

Desleywr
11-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes it is so hard to get others to walk in our shoes! Hope you are able to forgive others as it really is so hard for others to understand as they have not traveled our path.

Nonna
11-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Had a talk with my daughter, she said she did understand. She said she wants me to keep fighting; she gets disappointed when I go into my "Eeyore" mode. I've done a lot of that this year; I'm truly hoping, wanting this misery ti get better so I can move and do and go again.

We pray for each other at church. But somehow my name is never mentioned. I do feel hurt at times; it's like they don't believe Lupus is real. I thank you all for being here. I don't know how I'd do this without you all - Hugs and Love

steve.b
11-20-2011, 01:38 AM
this is where i find our distance hard.

this is the part where i want to give you a shoulder to lean on.
and a gentle hug.

Nonna
11-20-2011, 01:44 AM
this is where i find our distance hard.

this is the part where i want to give you a shoulder to lean on.
and a gentle hug.

I have always wanted to visit Australia and now even more than ever. Thank you