PDA

View Full Version : tired, not tired, tired again.....

Goonie
11-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Hello~I am starting to get the hang of this. It's amazing to write a question and get the repsonses back and know that I am not alone or a hypochondriac or just plain crazy. Thanks guys!
My sleep schedule has been so off lately. I have a window of time between 5:30 and 7pm that I could easily go to bed I am so tired. Who actually goes to bed at that time though? Then I will get a little tired around 9, if I don't go to bed at that time forget it, I am wide awake until 12- 12:30ish. Then I will typically wake up around 3am wide awake again. I used to be a person who went to bed at 11pm, slept through the night easily and woke up ready for the day. Anyone else have these random tired moments and then being wide awake? Does anyone knoe why this happens?
Thanks!

jmail
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
I constantly go through that cycle. I try to fight-off the tired periods by getting up and doing something. The only time I sleep good is if all the stars align correctly, there's no full moon, I've gotten my meds into me in just the right order and at the correct time, there's no stress, no work left undone, etc... Then I might sleep good. Maybe one night every 2 months?... Other times, I might wake-up every hour and a half for no apparent reason. My "usual" night is waking-up 3 or 4 times. If I had to pee, it'd be understandable, but... I've tried to get into a "routine", if you will, of taking my night meds at nine pm, turning off the TV, try to help the wife get the boys in bed, and then sit and read a bit, which eliminates the "stimulous" of the TV's "action" and tends to slow me down. We'll talk a bit, fold clothes, etc. The meds start their thing, and off to bed I go. Works sometimes.

NaturalMystic
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Goonie! Love the name, by the way!

I could go on for days about being tired, not tired, and tired again. There are days when I feel tired at the most random times. I can wake up at 7am and feel tired by 10. I don't know why. I try not to sleep when that happens because it doesn't make sense to me to go back to sleep a few hours after I just woke up. There are days when I'll go to sleep and wake up a few hours later, wide awake, unable to go back to sleep. The day to follow is always rough when that happens. If I get sleepy a few hours later and I'm able to, I take advantage of it - even if it is 10am. But most nights go with me waking up multiple times during the night. I've never counted the number of times I wake up, but do know only an hour or two has past since I last woke because I always look at my clock. I don't know why it happens, when it happens, or anything that could possibly explain it. It is definitely something to bring up to your doctor. It's something my doctor is still trying to help me with. Good luck!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
Ty

steve.b
11-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Anyone else have these random tired moments and then being wide awake? Does anyone knoe why this happens?

there is quite a few threads about our poor sleeping habits.
read a feww of them, there is lots of comments.

lizbond36
11-17-2011, 01:47 PM
OMG your lucky, My body shuts down at 6 at night and I fight to stay awake till 9 then I am wide awake till 11 and when I get up I feel like I slept for 4 hours top. Afternoon is pretty bad just tried all of the time.
Liz

magistramarla
11-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Goonie,
I think that Jmail struck on it - lots of us seem to wake up at night every 1.5 to 2 hrs. I once read that we start a new REM cycle every 90 minutes, so that makes sense. It seems that many of us rouse completely with each cycle instead of sleeping through it like most people. I usually have a difficult time getting back to sleep each time. After such an interrupted night of sleep, it's no wonder that we feel tired at different points throughout the day.
I can't handle sleeping pills, but I've tried melatonin. I still wake up often, but if I've taken it, I tend to fall back to sleep easier.
Hugs,
Marla

Islablue
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I totally know what you mean!! I go to sleep at 11 because I have fought to stay up all day and finally the fighting pays off and I'm wide awake at 11. Then I take an Ambien.. barely works now, but I do sleep through the night with it. When I wake up after 10hrs of sleep I feel like I could go back to sleep. Sometimes i do! I fight for energy all day long and it's awful. It doesn't ever make sense to me the way my body craves sleep. Yesterday I was so sleepy when I woke up that I was trying to answer my friends text message and fell asleep with my finger on the phone. Well, it accidentally called her since I held my finger on her name for so long. I wake up to her going HELLO??? HELLOOO??