PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do IVIG infusions?

jmail
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey all. I've been doing GammaGard (something or other) IVIG plasma infusions for CVID for a while now. Now that my levels are up, I've got more energy now than I've had in a long time, especially right after I get my "fix", which then wears off over the next few weeks, until I get another dose. My SLE symptoms have been knocked *way* down. I now just have issues with mouth sores, funky skin stuff, and my lung-function, which isn't too good anyway, since I've had Chronic Bronchitis so many times from the CVID stuff. Anyway, does anyone else do the IVIG stuff, and do you also find your symptoms helped by it? I would have thought it the other way around, since I'm getting more IgA, IgG, etc. kind of immune system stuff... I was a bit worried about that, but the hematologist practically guarenteed me that I'd feel better from it, and I have (other than having had pneumonia for the 3rd time in 7 months now - probably the same infection coming back). There hasn't even been any protein in my pee for two tests in a row now. A girl I work with has SLE, and they knock her immune system down with Imuran and pred. She gets sick about as often as I do now, which is much better for both of us. Seems almost strange that two treatments that seem to be the opposite of each other, both help with symptoms...

Nonna
11-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the info, glad it'sworking for you