PDA

View Full Version : Sjogrens, does it come and go?

debbie-b
11-15-2011, 05:56 AM
My Rheumy told me months ago that I might have Sjogrens, but said not to worry about getting tested, because the same meds for Sjogrens are used for Lupus. I do get eye drops from my eye doctor.
My question is, does Sjogrens come and go? What I mean is, I can go for weeks or months and my eyes and mouth is not dry, but then I go for weeks where my eyes, mouth and sinus caveties are so dry, that it hurts.
Right now I am in my dry period.

Debbie

prothumos
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Debbie,

The answer to your question (as far as my end goes, lol) is YES! Right now my eyes feel like they're full of sandpaper but prior to this, I had a good month. Looking back over the past few years, I can definitely tell you that I've had good times and "flares".
Hang in there,
Robin

jmail
11-15-2011, 10:53 PM
My mother-in-laws ebbs and flows over several weeks to several months periods. Sometimes, her other symptoms overlap also, sort of like those bio-rhythm charts that were popular in the 80's...

Corella
11-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Just been diagnosed with sero negative Sjogrens and for the past few months due to stress, I am in a really bad flare - on painkillers, had punctal plugs in my eyes, drops in every 10 mins or so, tiredness and i start plaquenil in a weeks time. My joints are getting more prominent - finger joints and I am in a huge amount of pain.

It wasnt this bad a few months ago and I have been told it does come and go, I am hoping mine goes into remission because its awful, hair coming out, developed cavities, rash on my cheeks.

Hope it does come and go, and I hope it 'goes' more than it comes.

magistramarla
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Debbie,
I also find that the SJS symptoms come and go, depending on my level of stress and even the weather. I've noticed that it is sooo much easier to keep my dryness symptoms under control now that we are living next to the ocean. When I've traveled to dryer climates, I've noticed my eyes and mouth get dryer and my nose gets dry and gets little sores in it. This happened when I was in Reno, and in Colorado. As soon as I return to the coast with its higher humidity, it all gets better.
This is part of why I'm dreading the move back to Texas!
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Debbie,
I also find that the SJS symptoms come and go, depending on my level of stress and even the weather. I've noticed that it is sooo much easier to keep my dryness symptoms under control now that we are living next to the ocean. When I've traveled to dryer climates, I've noticed my eyes and mouth get dryer and my nose gets dry and gets little sores in it. This happened when I was in Reno, and in Colorado. As soon as I return to the coast with its higher humidity, it all gets better.
This is part of why I'm dreading the move back to Texas!
Hugs,
Marla

That is what I thought, because I can be ok for weeks and than out of the blue, my eyes, nose and mouth get really dry again. Right now, I am so dry, that my sinuses burn, my eyes burn and itch and my throat is so dry, that I loose my voice until I drink something.

Debbie