PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Hawaii

NaturalMystic
11-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Aloha Everyone!

Newbie here from Hawaii. I am not currently diagnosed with Lupus, but all of the signs are pointing towards it. Other than all of the physical symptoms, my ANA results were over 4 times the normal level. My doctor and I have been working together for the last 2 months to rule out all other possibilities just to make sure. Luckily, he’s at the end of the line and is now working on getting a second opinion and definite diagnosis. Unfortunately I did not have medical insurance until recently, so we had to wait on a referral to a Rheumatologist.

I am so happy to know there are other people out there who understand what I am going through. It's hard to tell someone you don't feel good today - when yesterday you were up, running around, looking perfectly fine. Even though I have tried to explain it to my family, they still do not seem to understand the pain involved. It's hard at times, but I try my hardest to keep trucking forward.

Sorry if I’m rambling, but I’m so excited to meet all of you! I thought I was going nuts with everything that was happening to me.

Thank you to whoever created this forum! And thank you for letting me become a member.

Aloha,
Ty

steve.b
11-13-2011, 05:09 AM
hi ty, and welcome.
you are not the only member from hawaii.

it is good to have you here.
read a few of the other posts, they are our personal experiences.

rob
11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Welcome to our group Ty.

Please make yourself at home!

Rob

running girl
11-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the family Ty. It's a great place to learn, chat and vent.
I look forward to getting to know you.

Brenda

NaturalMystic
11-13-2011, 09:19 AM
hi ty, and welcome.
you are not the only member from hawaii.

it is good to have you here.
read a few of the other posts, they are our personal experiences.

Thank you!
Oh wow, nice to know there are other people on here from Hawaii.

Thank you very much. I have just finished reading a few of the other posts. They've helped to clear up a lot of questions regarding symptoms I have (I have yet to respond to a few of them). My doctor hasn't told me much about having Lupus or any other diseases. I'm learning as I go :laugh:

NaturalMystic
11-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome to our group Ty.

Please make yourself at home!

Rob

Thank you very much!

I feel very welcomed here :)

NaturalMystic
11-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the family Ty. It's a great place to learn, chat and vent.
I look forward to getting to know you.

Brenda

Thank you, Brenda! :)

Oh my gosh, this is definitely a great place to learn! My brain is going crazy with all of the information I've gotten from some of the posts. I'm letting it all sink in before I start responding.

I have to schedule a follow-up appointment soon, so we will see if he finally gives me a diagnosis. I am definitely looking forward to finally finding out what is wrong with me!

Saysusie
11-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Hello and welcome to our family. I am happy that you've already met some of our other members from Hawaii. You will find that this group is filled with the kindest, most informative, most supportive, and understanding people on the web. Although we are global, we still consider ourselves a family here.
I am happy that you are finding some answers to your questions as you read through the posts. Make sure that you also browse through the sticky's (located at the top of each forum) as they are also filled with a wealth of information. Also, please know that everyone here is willing and more than happy to give you all of the support, answers, comfort, help and information that you need. There will always be someone here when you need us.
We have three moderators who work diligently to make this a safe place for everyone. The are 1) Me (Saysusie) 2)Rob & 3) Tgal.

Again....welcome :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Desleywr
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Welcome Ty! Have a look at the 'spoon theory' I found it wonderful to explain how I manage each day understanding that no two days are the same. And thinking of the differences in each day we should be very excited as people without Lupus must have a really boring time really as they wake up each day and it must be boring for them as they have the same amount of energy each day and they don't have to stretch as the morning is often so stiff in the joints. Really it must be so so boring for others. Really we are so Very Very Lucky arnt we as each day we wake we have no idea what our energy levels, or what amount of pain we have etc. Etc. We are so lucky to have so much variety in each day. , HEE heee I know I must have a really sick sense of humor.! Welcome to the wacky world of Lupus! You might have noticed I haven't got out of bed yet so still have more surprises to greet me yet for the day!

kim,l
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
wecome to whl ty iam from sydney and have visited your lovely home beautiful island

NaturalMystic
11-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Hello and welcome to our family. I am happy that you've already met some of our other members from Hawaii. You will find that this group is filled with the kindest, most informative, most supportive, and understanding people on the web. Although we are global, we still consider ourselves a family here.
I am happy that you are finding some answers to your questions as you read through the posts. Make sure that you also browse through the sticky's (located at the top of each forum) as they are also filled with a wealth of information. Also, please know that everyone here is willing and more than happy to give you all of the support, answers, comfort, help and information that you need. There will always be someone here when you need us.
We have three moderators who work diligently to make this a safe place for everyone. The are 1) Me (Saysusie) 2)Rob & 3) Tgal.

Again....welcome :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Thank you, Saysusie!

Everyone I have talked to has been wonderful. I am definitely enjoying being a part of the family :)

It is so very nice to meet all of you! Thank you to you, Rob, and Tgal for keeping this a safe, comfortable, and happy place! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thank you again! Mahalo :)

NaturalMystic
11-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Welcome Ty! Have a look at the 'spoon theory' I found it wonderful to explain how I manage each day understanding that no two days are the same. And thinking of the differences in each day we should be very excited as people without Lupus must have a really boring time really as they wake up each day and it must be boring for them as they have the same amount of energy each day and they don't have to stretch as the morning is often so stiff in the joints. Really it must be so so boring for others. Really we are so Very Very Lucky arnt we as each day we wake we have no idea what our energy levels, or what amount of pain we have etc. Etc. We are so lucky to have so much variety in each day. , HEE heee I know I must have a really sick sense of humor.! Welcome to the wacky world of Lupus! You might have noticed I haven't got out of bed yet so still have more surprises to greet me yet for the day!

Thank you, Desley!

I have read the "spoon theory" - It's a fantastic way to explain everything! Unfortunately, the thing my family struggles with is how I went from being a really strong, athletic, and do-it-yourself type to now struggling to get up off my seat, being unable to stand for long periods of time, and hardly being able to carry my own bag. They're struggling with the huge difference and don't know what to do to help me. I tell them they can help me if I ask for it (like if I'm having a "bad" day). Other than that, there's nothing they can do but be there to support me.

Heehee. I was thinking about what you were saying - it really does sound boring now that you mention it! I remember being able to fall out of bed, fly through the shower, run down to street to school, and go through my day like it was nothing. Now that I have to think about everything, think about what I can do, can't do, what do I want to do today - it makes planning my day easier. I was a little chaotic before I started to get sick. Now I've learned to cut a lot of corners and still get most things done. If I don't get things done, Luckily, there's still tomorrow. :)

Thank you for the welcome! :)

NaturalMystic
11-16-2011, 03:03 AM
wecome to whl ty iam from sydney and have visited your lovely home beautiful island

Thank you Kim,l!

Sydney is on my list of places to visit. I have seen a lot of beautiful pictures and heard a lot of good things.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit here! I hope you are able to return again one day. :)

Thank you :)

Desleywr
11-16-2011, 05:31 AM
No probs. it does make you appreciate everything - your energy, friends, independence, commitments to others, and theirs to you, just life inits self I know that I appreciate my husband more every day for his unquestionable support and understanding. Glad to have helped!

NaturalMystic
11-16-2011, 06:06 AM
It definitely does! I appreciate my time and energy a lot more than I did before. I'll always give up time and energy to my family - even if it means not being able to do the dishes or the laundry today. You're lucky to have such a wonderful husband! It's lucky for us, we know how appreciate the people in our lives! Thank you for being in mine!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
Ty