PDA

View Full Version : They ask the dumbest questions.

mdawncooper
11-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Two nights ago I started to turn over in bed and my knee suddenly began to hurt really bad. My pain had been focusing in my lower back and in the muscles of my legs but I guess it decided to make a surprise appearance in my knee. The next morning found it swollen and it took a while to get going. Then, of course, my left foot began to feel like it did when I had a crack last year and of course my right heel had to get in on the action and I am pretty sure the heel spur I have is going to act up for a while now. Anyway, I finally called my GP today to have them check my knee and they asked where I hurt it and I thought they asked where did it hurt. Bottom line: They thought they had a workman's comp case. I then reminded them that between arthritis in the knee and Lupus symptoms I didn't think they would need to file workman's comp.

We will see what the doctor says but I am not sure there is anything that I am going to be able to do about this new symptom. Oh well!

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Melanie

prothumos
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Melanie,

I'm still getting questions from my insurance company, even after all these years of them paying my claims. I went through a period of "prednisone breaking things" - my feet, my toes, little bones here and there, my cervical disks, etc., etc., and every cotton-picking single time I'd get a 3-page questionaire from them asking how I had my "accident", i.e. "is there someone else we can push these costs off on". The only bright spot is that they finally did set up an online questionaire so at least now I don't have to fill the thing out and mail it back to them. Hang in there, and hope you feel better soon!

Robin

mdawncooper
11-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Well the news is I have probably torn my meniscus (sp?) The funny part is that I don't play sports even exercise right now. How embarrassing to say I tore it when I turned over in bed. LOL Anyway, I am on steroid for a week to just make sure it is not Lupus causing inflamation and pain. If the pain doesn't go away in a few days I have to have an MRI and then off to an orthopedic. I am praying no surgery but not sure if it will repair itself.

I'll keep you posted.

Melanie

Gizmo
11-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Melanie, I think you need to spend the next week coming up with a MUCH better story about your knee, just in case it doesn't get better with the steroids! This is the time to get creative. How about that you were in bed on a movie set with Antonio Bandaras and he ... oh, wait, there are kids on this site. LOL

mdawncooper
11-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Probably a good idea Gizmo. I tried to tell my daughter I injured it playing football but she didn't buy my story. :)

prothumos
11-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Melanie, I think you need to spend the next week coming up with a MUCH better story about your knee, just in case it doesn't get better with the steroids! This is the time to get creative. How about that you were in bed on a movie set with Antonio Bandaras and he ... oh, wait, there are kids on this site. LOL

OK ya'll, I am SO laughing here because I've been wearing a full-length metal-rodded brace on my left leg for like 10 years (failed knee replacement). Anyway, I always get the inevitable question "what did you do to your knee", etc., etc. and one day I just wasn't thinking and said, "oh, my husband beat me up". The problem was that it was an older gentleman who was sort of lurking around outside of a store. I really even didn't think about my answer, just tossed it out with a smile and laugh and kept walking. Well. The man was waiting for us when we came out of the store later and proceeded to give my husband a lecture on the correct way to treat a woman. My husband was MORTIFIED and made me promise to never make jokes about my knee again. Now I just tell people that I was involved in the space program and had an accident, lol.....

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend,
Robin