PDA

View Full Version : breaking the addiction

ruziska
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome to day 7 of NO CAFFEINE. Since my life was already turned upside down, I figured I'd finally go for it and quit caffeine. I've been a soda junkie since 1976. That's not a typo, 1976. Way, way, way too long to be drinking soda. 1-3 cans a day EVERYDAY. I only stopped during my pregnancies then back at it. I'm surprised and pleasantly pleased with my stamina to stay away from it. I still have soda in the house. I've gone down the soda aisle and not given in. I WILL succeed. I've discovered juice and herb tea and WATER. Water actually tastes good! This is the beginning of a whole new sodaless life!

Saysusie
11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Many congratulations on your new "soda-free" life. Is kicking caffeine as difficult as kicking nicotine? I imagine that ending a relationship with any substance after 35yrs is a milestone and a very brave thing to do. So, once again, many congratulations!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

steve.b
11-09-2011, 04:39 AM
i would also like to add my congratulations.

it takes a lot of will power to stop doing something you have grown up doing.

well done.

Manderson
11-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Did you have yourself a giant-sized headache the first day or so? I get that when I stop coffee for any length of time. Congrats on kicking the soda. I rarely drink soda anymore and I used to be a big fan of Diet Pepsi.

ruziska
11-09-2011, 07:45 AM
the giant headache is one of the reasons I didn't quit before. I figured if I quit cold turkey I would be in for the mother of all migraines. However, that has NOT been the case. I dunno, I guess my mind and my body were both ready to quit and maybe because of all the turmoil in my life recently, if I have had any withdrawal symptoms, I've not noticed them.

running girl
11-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice Ruziska! I know I should give up coffee, but I love it so much.

Congratulations!!