PDA

View Full Version : 11 yrs old w/ ste lupus

MzzJAYE
11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi im jaye'
im a female 11yrs old, i was diagnosed with ste lupus in feb 2011 and recently diagnosed with avascular necrosis in my ankles. I often experience pain in both my ankles, bottom of feet, sometimes my knees and wrist. I periodically get pains in my jaw bones and repeated headaches. Ive missed a lot of school and this disease has changed my life alot. I was a competitive cheerleader for 4yrs and a gifted voice to sing, i enjoy acting and dancing, and would life to audition for the oakland school of the arts in march 2012, but, dont know if that will be possible due to the illness. However, im not giving up and plan to audition and work on my routines daily.

ritzbit
11-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey Jaye I just wanted to welcome you to WHL. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much and being so young! Around your age is when I started to get sick also (Im 19 now). I did cheerleading for 8 years and did dancing when I was little. I was so wore out and depressed I quit. Im glad you still plan to chase after your dream and I hope that when you do audition it goes well =)

Gizmo
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Jaye', welcome! You sound like a super intelligent and motivated person, and I am so glad that you are holding on to your dreams in the face of such difficulty. I have a 20 year old daughter who was a competitive Irish step dancer at your age and missed a lot of school over the years, due to illness. It is really tough, and I feel for you. You have many talents, so hopefully you can get into your school based on your voice and acting, as well as dance. Then you have lots of choices if you body is giving you a hard time. Best wishes to you and I hope you stick around to tell us what happens.

The Baum
11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Welcome Jaye', wow you are such an amazing young lady. Keep up the good work and never let go of your dreams.

MzzJAYE
11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
HELLO

OMG....I WAS SOOO SURPRIZED TO SEE "ALL" THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS THIS MORNING.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. IM GLAD I JOINED THIS GROUP. ITS HAS ALOT OF INFORMATION FOR ME AND MY MOM
I WISH THE BEST OF HEALTH FOR ALL OF US, AND PRAY FOR A CURE SOON. MY MOM IS REGISTERING WITH THE "WALK FOR LUPUS IN SAN FRANCISCO"
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

JAYE'

THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

“Falling down is a part of life”
“Getting back up is LIVING"

running girl
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome to you MzzJAYE and to your mom.

I hope you are well and getting lots of good information. This is a great place to start.

Brenda

kim,l
11-10-2011, 02:24 AM
welcome to whl you are very brave young lady and i hope you get the information you need and we will support you as much as possible

tgal
11-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi There and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us!

I just want to make sure that you know that just because you have Lupus doesn't mean that you can't live your dreams. Sometimes our dreams have to be modified but there is a long, full life ahead of you. Your attitude seems wonderful and I can't wait to get to know you!

hating_that_pred
11-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Good on ya Jaye! =]

I likw the never say die attitude, reminds me of myself when I was first diagnosed. I had it bad but after non stop effort I reached a point where I am now able to get on with my life efficiently. Keep at it you superstar

piglet
11-11-2011, 11:52 AM
What an amazing attitude you have Jaye. My daughter Cassie was diagnosed at 11 also and is now 13. keep smiling through it and never let anyone say you can't.

magistramarla
11-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Jaye,
Welcome and I'm glad you found us! I also have AVN along with autoimmune issues. My AVN was in my right knee, and I was able to have arthroscopic surgery that helped. Here is the link to the AVN site, in case you haven't found it - http://avnsupport.org/ The folks on that sight helped me a lot.
You are a brave young lady. Welcome to our cyber family.
Hugs,
Marla