PDA

View Full Version : Got Free Lidoderm Patches!!!

sharpiessave
11-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I wanted to share this with you guys. It reminded me that good things are still possible. : )

I signed up for a pharmaceutical program through ENDO, a complany that makes Lidoderm Transdermal patches. They're basically sticky lidocaine, about the size of a greeting card. My rheumy recommended them for my back and knee pain. Apparently they work really well for some folks, but not so well for others. They work incredibly well for me, but they cost at least $7 a piece. You wear one for 12 hours, then have to be patch free for the next 12 hours. So that's 7 bucks a day, which I definitely can't afford.

So my brother-in-law went online and did some internet magic. I'm assuming he googled ENDO pharmaceuticals patient assistance program. I filled out the application, faxed it to my rheumy for approval, then faxed it to the company. Five days later they called and told me I was approved for a year's worth of patches, totally free!!!! Today I picked up the first batch of 90 from my rheumy's office. After this initial time they'll be shipped directly to my house, totally free!

I'm elated, you guys! Finally, finally something's going right. This ends up saving me at least $2,555. It's incredible!

Next I'll be checking out the Partnership for Prescription Assistance. It was recommended by my rheumy's office, so it's trustworthy, and at least worth a shot. Mods, is it ok for me to post the phone number and website on here?

I'm floating. I can't quit staring at this beautiful brown box. : )

steve.b
11-04-2011, 03:26 AM
sharpie,

HAPPY DANCE

i am not a moderator,
but i know it is ok to post links on here.

keep us informed on your progress.
something for free, sounds too good.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve.b
11-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Partnership for Prescription Assistance

http://www.pparx.org/en/about_us

debbie-b
11-04-2011, 03:45 AM
That is awesome, I am happy for you.

Debbie

ritzbit
11-04-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm happy today went well for you I know you were excited about it =)

magistramarla
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey Sharpie,
Great news! Anything that can make life a little less painful is a good thing. (And free is good!)
Hugs,
Marla

rob
11-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Mods, is it ok for me to post the phone number and website on here?

Hi Sharpie,

Great info!

It looks like Steve posted a link to their site, and the phone number is right there at the top of the page.

For future reference, there is no problem with posting the phone number/contact information for a company or organization as long as the phone number/contact info is already available to the public, which this one is.

And of course, posting links is OK to do as well.

Rob

PS-Kudos to your brother in law for finding this, and to you for letting us know about it!