PDA

View Full Version : The Good News!

Alina
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I just joined a few days ago for support in the upcoming months as I was hoping to be able to go off my medications to start a family. I was diagnosed with SLE 8 years ago, and was hoping to try to start a family this summer. My body had a different idea. This spring, after two years of inactive lupus, I had a relapse. It came out of nowhere and I was devastated. Not knowing if I even can have kids, I didn't want to get much older before I could find out. I know that kids take a lot of energy and you have less energy as you get older. I already run low on energy from the lupus and didn't want to "push my luck."

After a few very promising check ups, I again brought up the issue with my doctors. They agreed to look into and requested a ton of blood work. The first result was that they did not feel I needed a kidney biopsy! Yay! Then yesterday, in the mail, I received a letter from my rheumatologist letting me know that the blood work looks great, and when I see her in a few weeks, we will start changing my medications around! I'm on cloud 9! I get to come off my weekly injections and get the chance to experience a part of life that always seemed just out of my grasp!

Just because our bodies betray us, doesn't mean it takes our lives away.

mdawncooper
11-02-2011, 04:27 PM
What great news. I am praying that things continue to look up for you. Thanks for sharing with us.

steve.b
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
the idea of having kids is worthy and a big step.
recently we had another member succeed.
and we have a couple trying.

remember when you are without meds ......
stress is a big no no.

it will bring you down so quickly.
you need to be in a state of mind thatdoes not worry about the upcomming pregnancy.
no easy task.

i have 2 children, 4 step children and 4 grandchildren.

i wish you all the best. and offer my good vibes.

magistramarla
11-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Alina,
Good luck to you. Raising a family is a challenge, but it is worth it. Like Steve, I'm on the grandkid stage now, and those three little boys are the joys of my life.
Hugs,
Marla

Alina
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks so much for all of the support! I am on my 5th month being off of my medications and everything is still looking very good. We get to start trying in March.

magistramarla
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Alina,
Good for you! Half the fun is in the trying!
My daughter is pregnant with possible twins after using Clomid injections to help.
We're excited! I hope to hear good news from you in a few months.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Good for you, Alina. I hope things go well for you. It's exciting that you will be able to start a family.

E42brchick
03-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I hope things are continuing to go well for you! I just had my son 4 mos ago and I am so grateful that he is here. Stay positive and keep us in the loop!

tgal
03-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Wonderful news for you!!!! I am so happy! Keep us posted!