PDA

View Full Version : NSAIDS that work and are easy on the tummy

Hunniebun
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I saw my rheum yesterday (3rd one, 3rd opinion so I believe her) and she suspects again that I have mild SLE with Fibromyalgia, and she doesn't want to put me on any hard on your body drugs except for plaquenil again as a preventative measure.
I am wonder what NSAIDS work best for you guys and are easy to take every day? I have the most sensitive stomach in the world so assigning medications to me can be a pain in the butt lol so I was just wondering. Right now I take Ibuprofen or Advil, same thing, but at lower doses because of my stomach, and I am just wondering if that is a good one to take or if someone knows something better. Thanks!

sharpiessave
11-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey Hunniebun. I love that username, by the way. : )

I really like Aleve, and I think it's worth asking your doc about. Of course, I'm super poor so I take the generic of everything, so it's called naproxen sodium. I like it because you only have to take 1 every 12 hours, and it works, for me at least. My doctor has me on one in the morning, and one at night.

Hope you find what's right for you!

Sharpie

debbie-b
11-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi Hunniebun,

I am taking Mobic ( with food), it helps me with the pain and is easy on the stomach.
But I take it only when needed, not daily like my rheumy wanted me to. It works for me.

Debbie

magistramarla
11-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi Hunniebun,
Like Sharpie, I like Aleve. Like Debbie, I only take it when needed (like after a fall or on a day when I know that I will be over-exerting myself).
I'm like you - I am super-sensitive to many meds, so trying to prescribe for me drives the docs crazy.
Hugs,
Marla

lupyme
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I take mobic (meloxicam) daily. I get stomach issues easily and have reflux, so I take omeprazole daily as well. That combo works well for me.