PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather and Lupus

Nonna
10-30-2011, 06:18 AM
I know most of us prefer the cooler weather, but I don't. I hurt; the cold goes right to my joints, especially my feet. Today it's 32 farenheight here in sunny Georgia. Red's got snow already. Oh to be young again and like winter. No, I take that back I was miserable then too. I want to be warm again. I can never get warm unless I'm wrapped up good in my blankets.

Here's to being warm. Linda, Steve, Kim and all the rest of you Aussies - enjoy the warmth while you have it.-

ruziska
10-30-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm dreading winter already as well. I get really cold quickly and its the kind of cold that makes you feel like your bones have turned to ice and you'll never thaw out. I'll feel this way until next May, with little breaks in between.

ritzbit
10-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Hate the cold too =( winter is the worst time of year for me. I asked my mom if she could turn on the heat yesterday because I was freezing and dressed like an eskimo and she looked at me and said the heat was on. I have been thinking about once it starts to snow......I don't know how I'm going to make it across campus! My whole body starts to shake so bad I can barely walk when I get too cold.

howsabout
10-30-2011, 09:47 AM
The only thing that has bothered me so far is the Raynaud's. I don't know if it's the weather change or the MTX finally kicking in but I feel really good right now. Haven't had a joint problem or exhaustion bout in at least 2 weeks. Crossing fingers!

Then again, it's still 65 at the coldest and sometimes as high as 75. The real cold hasn't set in yet.

tgal
10-30-2011, 10:25 AM
It is a catch 22 for me. I am in Texas so 100 degrees kills me and the parts of me bothered by the heat go away in the winter. The problem is that winter brings on a whole new set of issues. More joint pain and raynauds just to name a few. It seems like there is no longer a good temperature anymore

ritzbit
10-30-2011, 10:58 AM
It is a catch 22 for me. I am in Texas so 100 degrees kills me and the parts of me bothered by the heat go away in the winter. The problem is that winter brings on a whole new set of issues. More joint pain and raynauds just to name a few. It seems like there is no longer a good temperature anymore

I feel the same way. I told my friends Im going to turn into bubble girl one day and my bubble will have the perfect temp for me...lol

n.mac
10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
I absolutely hate the heat and sun of summer! I am much happier and feel much better in spring and fall-not fond of snow and sub zero temps,but without the bitter we wouldn't fully appreciate the sweet!

magistramarla
10-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I keep tellin' ya - I've found the perfect spot in Northern California. Here on the coast, it rarely gets higher than 70 and the lows rarely get below 50 - all year.
The moisture from the ocean is also wonderful for my dryness problems from SJS. We have to be very vigilant about the mold from it, but that is doable.
We have a rainy season during the winter months, but it's never too cold of a rain.
The neatest thing is that if we want some hot weather in the summer or to see some snow, all we have to do is drive inland and there it is!
I am really going to miss this place when we have to leave.
Hugs to all,
Marla

Nonna
10-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Marla, as I said before, I lived in the SF area for about 2 years. The temp range is as you say the weather was moderate. I still was cold. I wore the heavy winter clothes I had at school in NEngland. I suppose that since everyone reacts differently to the same thing.

I like Ritz's idea about a bubble with the perfect temp. Heat, Cold, it's obvious we can't win. So here's to all of us - stay warm or stay cool which ever the case may be.

ritzbit
10-31-2011, 04:44 AM
I agree. And my body changes with what it can handle. My doc used to say to not stay outside if it was under 50 and now 70 feels like my old 50... =( so even in "nice" temperatures I have my Raynauds acting up now.

magistramarla
10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Ahhh, everything depends on your perspective.
After living in the heat of South Texas for 17 years, this place feels like heaven to me!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
11-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Glad one of us is comfortable. Hugs