PDA

View Full Version : Gabapentin ( Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin, Nupentin

sharpiessave
10-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Does anybody use these drugs, or other anti-convulsants, to help treat pain? I'm wondering how effective they are, and how long they take to work. I'm working really hard to find a way to get away from Vicodin. I feel that I've been taking it too long, so my body has built up both a dependance and a tolerance for it, therefore my dosage just keeps increasing. Sick of that now!

Any knowledge would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Sharpie

red246
10-28-2011, 05:26 AM
I take Gabapentin, we call it GabbaGabba, nightly. I take it because I started having possible minor seizures as well as for my burning/numbness/tinglies. It has helped tremendously. I still have to take Tramadol & Vicodin, as the Gabba does not help w/all pain - only some of the brain related issues. HTH

sharpiessave
10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Sorry about the bump, but I'm hoping some more people will see this this time. I'm especially interested in Neurontin, and whether it treats pain in joints and muscles alike, and how effective it's been for anyone. Thanks guys.

tgal
10-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Sorry I missed this. I take Tegratol for my TGN pain and it works wonders! Without it I am writing on the floor (literally at some points). Once they got the right dose of Tegratol in my the TGN pain was controlled. Hopefully that continues

lupyme
11-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I take neurontin/gapapentin for peripheral neuropathy. I feel like ants are biting me when I don't take it, so I like it.