PDA

View Full Version : Yep I am alive and so excited!

lovedbyHim
10-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Hello My Lupie friends! So much has happened since I last posted. I sure miss my droid! I backpacked across Maryland on the Appalachian trail several weeks ago. on day 4 I hiked 23 miles. God is good! I made some serious decisions in those mountains. Steve you will be proud of me.

I am quitting my job in March of 2012. Then I am renting my house out and going on a thru-hike from Georgia to Maine 2,181 miles in 6 months. I am so excited I could bust!

When I return I will stay with my one daughter until the lease is expired on my home and then return there. I am going to take a job that does not suck the life out of me anymore.

My greatest challenge on the trail are managing my many meds as I walk across states. I will use a "bounce box" through the postal system and hope they get when they are to get and on time.

I will keep you all posted as best I can. I will be on a forum called "trail journals" and my trail name is "Lupie" Imagine that!

I hope you are all hanging in. My meds are a bit screwed up presently and docs are tweeking them. I am too busy too be sick presently! LOL

steve.b
10-26-2011, 05:39 AM
it is a couragous step.
i know you would have thought it through.

when do you plan on leaving?
will you be able to contact whl whilst on the walk?

i quess we will hear more as time approaches.

lacey50
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
WOW!!!! I'm really excited for you. I can't imagine hiking that many miles. I know I would never make it in 6 months or 6 years. God Bless you on your journey.

lovedbyHim
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I will be able to contact you if I can get off the trail and get to a library that has a computer. I will get off the trail frequently because of my meds and because I am a clean freak! I need to shower at least once a week. You can pay for showers at all kinds of places.

Yes I have thought this through and believe it is a mission I need to do.

There are many people on the trail and if i should become ill, I know they will help me. A blind man I am in contact with, finished it. He inspires me. If I make it, I am going to write about it, because I want people to know how hard it is to work around this bugger called Lupus. I also want to encourage my Lupie friends to try to accomplish a dream.

God bless all of you. Love ya! Tammy

lovedbyHim
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Oh I will be leaving March or April 2012!

magistramarla
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi Tammy,
Welcome back - we were worried about you.
Wow - that is quite an endeavor. I consider staying at a cheap hotel to be roughing it - I certainly could never hike for months on end.
It will be wonderful if you write a book about your accomplishment from a Lupie's point of view. It will be inspiring for others.
My dream is to do more traveling - Italy and Australia are the two places left on my list.
Bona Fortuna!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
10-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow, I'm so excited for you. Where in Georgia does the trail start? Would love to see you off? I know you will be able to do as you desire; because you'll be walking with our Lord.
Hugs and may I say we... I have missed you.

Bonita
10-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Good for you and i will pray for you that you have a safe journey. Take care of yourself and continue to persue your goals. God bless you Bonita

Manderson
10-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow! Such wonderful news. I wish I had the opportunity :) Best of luck!

lovedbyHim
10-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Hello dear Nonna, I will start in Springer Georgia. I just found out today my dental surgery which is paid by my dental insurance will be on January 11th, so I will be about to quit my Job. Feb. 1st

I will then finish getting my hose ready to rent and help my daughter with her new baby which is due in March and leave by the first week of april if the weather cooperates. I hope to take a train there.

It would be awesome to meet you.

Presently I am battling fevers off and on for weeksand at one point subnormal temps due to too much thyroid hormone. Being drenched on the trail from rain is one thing, but being drenched from fevers is not cool. I gotta figure this out. I took off work to sleep today. That is the beauty of the trail, I can sleep all day if I need to. LOL

Yes it is God who strengthens me. "What is impossible with man is possible with God!" XXO Tammy

Gizmo
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow, Tammy! I've been wondering about you and am so glad you posted. What an adventure you have planned!

lovedbyHim
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Gizmo, yep I am fine. I presently have a virus that landed me in the ER and on more prednisone, and so I am off work for a few days. Love it. Sweatting my brains off and fevers, but I am off work. LOL. I am quitting Feb 8th and then helping my daughter with the baby when it arrives. I plan to leave March31st. to start hiking April 1st. I can get all my meds for the 6 months at once and move them along the trail through the post office.

I have to be honost and say I dread fevers and sweats in the damp cold mountains, but perhaps if I am set free from my very stressful job, I won't get sick as often. God willing.

Thank you for the encouragement. Huggs!

Nonna
11-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Job stress has a lot to do with the way we feel. I never knew how much stress I was under until I left my last job. The docs say to be stress free. LOL that's impossible. At least for me.

;-)

Corella
01-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Hi Gizmo, yep I am fine. I presently have a virus that landed me in the ER and on more prednisone, and so I am off work for a few days. Love it. Sweatting my brains off and fevers, but I am off work. LOL. I am quitting Feb 8th and then helping my daughter with the baby when it arrives. I plan to leave March31st. to start hiking April 1st. I can get all my meds for the 6 months at once and move them along the trail through the post office.

I have to be honost and say I dread fevers and sweats in the damp cold mountains, but perhaps if I am set free from my very stressful job, I won't get sick as often. God willing.

Thank you for the encouragement. Huggs!

I came across this post when searching for something else and was wondering how you are doing?

Hope your trip went OK and you are well. :)

steve.b
01-21-2013, 06:27 AM
unfortunatelly, tammy only made a few entries in the "trail journals".
i have not heard a word from her since Wednesday the 4th of April 2012.

i am not sure how she went......
but i wish her well.....
and miss her.

the porch light is always on for family members.
hope she finds her way back to us.

Corella
01-21-2013, 06:54 AM
I know she was pretty sick before she went but was determined to do it. I really hope she is OK. It's funny how you can be going through old posts and then see a member that hasn't posted in a while, makes you wonder how they are.

As you say, lets hope she finds her way back to us, if only to update us of her fabulous trip.

Thanks for the update Steve xxxx

Mica
01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Wow thats amazing! I would love to do something like that! These kind of stories give me hope that I will get better eventually and have a life. Have fun and be safe!!

Nonna
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
I've been thinking about her a lot lately I was so excited when I saw the thread. I thought she's back. Oh we'll, all we can do is put a candle in the window screen and pray for our girl.